Pearl Cohn @ Macon County

MaconVol

This is probably one of our best years in awhile. We're much older overall. I've watched some highlights of PC, and I was impressed with the pass game and rush game. This one will come down to the last second of the ball game. We have some major threats in our offense and defense. Our team this year reminds me kinda of the 03 team. We might not go all the way to the semis, but we have the chance to go far.

MC-31

PC-28

Edited by MCFAN3

This is probably one of our best years in awhile. We're much older overall. I've watched some highlights of PC, and I was impressed with the pass game and rush game. This one will come down to the last second of the ball game. We have some major threats in our offense and defense. Our team this year reminds me kinda of the 03 team. We might not go all the way to the semis, but we have the chance to go far.

MC-31

PC-28

I love how every time Macon wins a few games everyone suddenly compares them to 03. Let's be real, this is a good team, but let's wait until we play some real competition before we anoint ourselves.

• Upvote 1

I love how every time Macon wins a few games everyone suddenly compares them to 03. Let's be real, this is a good team, but let's wait until we play some real competition before we anoint ourselves.

I totally agree with you! What I'm trying to point out is that it's got the atmosphere from that season. It feels like we're redoing it again. We have plenty of ball games left. I'm just hoping it's not another 5-5 season

Macon is better than the past few years but not even in the ball park of 2003. Macon gets brought back down to reality friday night,and trust me smith and westmoreland have the worst teams they have had in 20 years. This ant smith or westmoreland this is called lose number 1

They sure aren't the 03 team. It just seems like people are realizing that we have a good football team this year and are confident in us. The atmosphere is like 03. Westmoreland isn't good this year, true. And smith has a pretty decent team. We absolutely throttled Westmoreland and we basically man handled Smith about mid way of the 2nd quarter through the whole ball game. I think there's too many people underestimating our potential.

Edited by MCFAN3

This MC team is good but the 03 team was a lot better on both sides of the ball and definitely on Special Teams. Pearl has speed and athleticism and MC will not be able to match that. Yes, MC may have some size but size doesn't matter in this contest when ultimately speed kills. It helps that Pearl's football players also particpate in track during the offseason. Most of MC's guys just ride in their diesel trucks and roll coal during their offseason. 

This MC team is good but the 03 team was a lot better on both sides of the ball and definitely on Special Teams. Pearl has speed and athleticism and MC will not be able to match that. Yes, MC may have some size but size doesn't matter in this contest when ultimately speed kills. It helps that Pearl's football players also particpate in track during the offseason. Most of MC's guys just ride in their diesel trucks and roll coal during their offseason.

I still think that we can hang with them for awhile.