Question: Paying for parking for a high school game

logcabinman

I had just gotten off  the phone with a representative with the TSSAA.  My question was paying to park at a high school event.  He assured to me that it was a school choice, not something that was mandated or approved by the TSSAA.  Wrong or right, I think it is a shame to start this standard.  I know the two games that I have been to have just charged $3.00, but what will the future hold.  I feel a high school game is for parents and community to come BUY a TICKET and watch your home town boys and girls represent.  He explained to me that people pay to park at a UT game and it is a public school.  My reply was that, being a parent I could potentially go to over 35 games a year including football and basketball.  I may only go to one or two UT games a year, if any.  What are some of your thoughts?

Edited by logcabinman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember ever paying to park for high school football. But, once I drive to an away game, I'm not going to turn around and go home if they ask for $3 or $5 to park. In most cases, you could probably park a block away and be off their campus and park for free.

I paid $8 per ticket last week to get in a game and that seems to be pretty standard. Once I pay $16 for the wife and me to get in, a small parking fee would not bother me.

I don't remember ever paying to park for high school football. But, once I drive to an away game, I'm not going to turn around and go home if they ask for $3 or $5 to park. In most cases, you could probably park a block away and be off their campus and park for free.

I paid $8 per ticket last week to get in a game and that seems to be pretty standard. Once I pay $16 for the wife and me to get in, a small parking fee would not bother me.

I think it would bother a lot of people. I understand the expense to operate a football program but I also understand all the expense of traveling to games and paying admission to support your son or daughter weather it being football, cheerleading or band. The way I see it parking charges means less money for concessions.

if one has to justify it.......dont bye that can of Kodiak, Filterless Camels or the malt licker on the way to the game and u can account for parkin.......or better than that; pack sum baloney sammiches and carpool

Booger just sayin smileys-car-driving-410647.gif

Edited by Booger

we give u the option to donate 5 so that we may tend to the poor. and keep an eye your ride.....or park on the streets just off campus where there will be others who will look after your car......100% your choice

Booger just sayinGangsta2_9BI664.gifmedallion.gif

Dem emojies doe! haha Edited by leadfarmer

Booger I was at the Central game at your house and parking was a disaster.  I didnt come across anyone taking up money for parking though.  People park just anywhere which makes it a mess when the game ends.

a few games a year we have courtesy parkin to give visitors the freedom to park witrhout navigation.....that way they can watch the video on sunday to losin up a bit prior to Fridays game recap

Booger just sayin smileycar89.gif