8AA 2016-2017

Belsnickel

Central lost 62-60. With about 3 min left CM was up 2 then big man missed dunk, did a chin up on rim, and got a technical. Macon made both free throws and made a layup when they got the ball back. That was the difference I believe. It was tied however with like 25 seconds to go and Macon hit a shot to up 2 with 4 seconds. CM couldn't tie.

Edited by wateryturnip

Central lost 62-60. With about 3 min left CM was up 2 then big man missed dunk, did a chin up on rim, and got a technical. Macon made both free throws and made a layup when they got the ball back. That was the difference I believe. It was tied however with like 25 seconds to go and Macon hit a shot to up 2 with 4 seconds. CM couldn't tie.

Absolutely right. Central wins tonight without that call. Great game.

Absolutely right. Central wins tonight without that call. Great game.

Don't put the excuse of losing on the call. It's correct if he actually did a chin up on the rim. Make the layup go up four and don't show boat. However with 3 mins left it's farfetched to say they would have won without MC getting this call.

Edited by Shozen

Don't put the excuse of losing on the call. It's correct if he actually did a chin up on the rim. Make the layup go up for and don't show boat. However with 3 mins left it's farfetched to say they would have won without MC getting this call.

I understand this and I'm not saying CM would've for sure won but if he just lays it in, CM is up 4, not down 2. That's a huge difference when it's that tight.

Edited by wateryturnip

I understand this and I'm not saying CM would've for sure won but if he just lays it in, CM is up 4, not down 2. That's a huge difference when it's that tight.

Should have stuck the layup but still an incredibly crappy call.  I didn't see any chin up just trying to protect himself from players underneath, there was nothing to showboat he missed the dunk.  I'd have to see the tape to prove he pulled himself up.