8AA 2016-2017

Belsnickel

Some of you wow! This team beat that team. I have to go back through a few pages here but one of you recently was calling someone an idiot for referencing this team beat that team and so on. Does Key play any other sports? Is he just a year around basketball player? He has signed with Indiana State. Has he officially been excepted? Application process returned NCAA clearing house is all good or does he have classes this semester he needs? I assume since no one answered Key and Endicott have not played against each other?

Some of you wow! This team beat that team. I have to go back through a few pages here but one of you recently was calling someone an idiot for referencing this team beat that team and so on. Does Key play any other sports? Is he just a year around basketball player? He has signed with Indiana State. Has he officially been excepted? Application process returned NCAA clearing house is all good or does he have classes this semester he needs? I assume since no one answered Key and Endicott have not played against each other?

I've watched all the teams mentioned in this thread play and i can tell you without a doubt Clay County is the best team in these two districts.  As for Key and Endicott, its not even close.  Like i said Endicott is a nice player but so are many others in this area.  Key is a once in a generation type of player and has no equals in the Upper Cumberland.

I've watched all the teams mentioned in this thread play and i can tell you without a doubt Clay County is the best team in these two districts.  As for Key and Endicott, its not even close.  Like i said Endicott is a nice player but so are many others in this area.  Key is a once in a generation type of player and has no equals in the Upper Cumberland.

I too have seen both of these two play and yes very different players and at least 75% of Clays offense runs through Key. I do not agree Clay is the best team. I would love to see them play MC on Monday, LA on Tuesday and Upperman on Friday. I also think they would struggle with Central Magnet. That I just my opinion but appears only a few on here have opinions that count. I guess the real deal will be where they are in a year. Once in a generation player has to be a can't miss at the next level.

I too have seen both of these two play and yes very different players and at least 75% of Clays offense runs through Key. I do not agree Clay is the best team. I would love to see them play MC on Monday, LA on Tuesday and Upperman on Friday. I also think they would struggle with Central Magnet. That I just my opinion but appears only a few on here have opinions that count. I guess the real deal will be where they are in a year. Once in a generation player has to be a can't miss at the next level.

What do you have against Key? If a player is a good as Key is then 75% of the offense would run through them but there are none around here that are and every coach that has faced this young man in 8AA will tell you the same thing!  What is the difference playing MC, LA and Upperman vs MC at Clarkrange and at Pickett County?  At Pickett County is a tougher place to play than at Upperman or LA year in and year out i promise you that!  I've been around this area watching ball games in everyone of these gyms for over 25 years now and there is no difference between these two districts over that span of time.  Thats on both the girls and the boys sides.  There are several girls teams in 8AA that wouldn't have stood a chance against the teams in 7A over the recent history and that's been a proven fact on the floor.  Same with the boys, its a toss up as to which district is better year in and year out.  

Good Post. Everyone is Entitled to their Opinion. The Golfer (UCsportsfan) doesn't seem to Grasp that. I also agree with you that Celina would Not win the 8AA & I know several of the Coaches in 8 AA that agree with me. Yea Celina would win some games but anyone that thinks that their isn't a difference in those 2 districts is simply not realistic

Good Post. Everyone is Entitled to their Opinion. The Golfer (UCsportsfan) doesn't seem to Grasp that. I also agree with you that Celina would Not win the 8AA & I know several of the Coaches in 8 AA that agree with me. Yea Celina would win some games but anyone that thinks that their isn't a difference in those 2 districts is simply not realistic

There are only 2 team in 8AA that could compete with Clay County this year. One of them lost 2/3 games when they played them. Clay County has been the best team in the Upper Cumberland the last 2 years and that is fact.  Just because you are a fan of these teams doesn't make you right either I'm stating facts you are merely speculating.  You say that teams out of 7A cannot compete against 8AA yet when 8AA teams play the top teams in 7A they lose more than they win why is that? Your district 8AA champion won only 1 time in 3 tries against 7A's best team.  Your district champion lost 2 out of 3 against our best team!  What is your district 8AA girls champion's record vs the top two teams in 7A this year?  Want to take a guess???? ZERO WINS FOUR LOSSES  that's right 0-4 so tell me who can't compete now?  I pull for all the teams in our area to win and I'd love to see an 8AA vs 7A classic type of setup where we seeded them according to their level of play.  There would be some great games and the gates at these games would be unbelieveable because of the support we give our local teams.  I hope we can send 4 teams out of these two districts to the state tournament so don't misunderstand what i'm saying here but to say 7A cannot compete against 8AA is just plain wrong and anyone that watches games in this area will tell you the same thing.

Edited by UCSportsFan

What do you have against Key? If a player is a good as Key is then 75% of the offense would run through them but there are none around here that are and every coach that has faced this young man in 8AA will tell you the same thing!  What is the difference playing MC, LA and Upperman vs MC at Clarkrange and at Pickett County?  At Pickett County is a tougher place to play than at Upperman or LA year in and year out i promise you that!  I've been around this area watching ball games in everyone of these gyms for over 25 years now and there is no difference between these two districts over that span of time.  Thats on both the girls and the boys sides.  There are several girls teams in 8AA that wouldn't have stood a chance against the teams in 7A over the recent history and that's been a proven fact on the floor.  Same with the boys, its a toss up as to which district is better year in and year out.  

I wasn't aware we were discussing girls basketball. I have nothing against Key he is a great player. Who has said anywhere 7A can't compete? All I said was I do not agree night in and night out I do not think they would be the best team in 8AA. According to Coach T Clay is the only boys team in 7A with a winning district record. They lost to the 8AA 4th place team. They lost to 4-4 Jackson County. Don't get me wrong Clay is a very good team with the best player in the area. The difference is that PC is 4-4 and Clarkrange is 2-7 in there district. I wish them all the best not sure why were discussing 7A and Key on the 8AA board?

If I am not mistaken Sparta has been the Best Upper Cumberland Team the past 4 or 5 years & I don't watch Girls Basketball. Especially Single A Girls. Sure their is some good girls that play in Single A, but I just prefer a faster game. That being said Upperman has a Girl that can GO

White Co. had a good team last year and year in and year out they should have the better team because of the size difference in schools so i stand corrected on that however it would have been a good game between these two schools the last two years.  As for girls basketball, for years you had teams in 8AA that dodged or refused to play Jackson County so we don't even want to go down that road.  Levy is the best girls player in the Upper Cumberland hands down just like Tyreke Key is the best player on the men's side and just like Levy its not even close!

Edited by UCSportsFan

+1

I wasn't aware we were discussing girls basketball. I have nothing against Key he is a great player. Who has said anywhere 7A can't compete? All I said was I do not agree night in and night out I do not think they would be the best team in 8AA. According to Coach T Clay is the only boys team in 7A with a winning district record. They lost to the 8AA 4th place team. They lost to 4-4 Jackson County. Don't get me wrong Clay is a very good team with the best player in the area. The difference is that PC is 4-4 and Clarkrange is 2-7 in there district. I wish them all the best not sure why were discussing 7A and Key on the 8AA board?

You must be a democrat since you only point out their "losses".  What did Clay do against District 8AA's champion?  What's the record of your district champion against Clay County?

Edited by UCSportsFan

Yes same ole coach t. I had to go back a few pages to see what all of this was about. Looks like a question was asked of Prince and the peanut gallery jumps in. A bunch of adults running there mouths about kids on a message board. Do you not have anything better to do? I have been to all of the 7A gyms you talk about and I do not think Clay would be the best team in 8AA this year either. Yes they beat MC 2/3 times and lost to LA and that is all you have to go on this year. Tyreke is a heck of a talent without a doubt. How many others on the Clay team are averaging double figures on the season? Yes Tyreke and Josh played against each other one time. Chris Hooper tournament at Upperman summer of 2015. 

Edited by UTRok