(1-2) Riverdale @ Hillsboro (1-2)

HighLife

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale has played some good opponents thus far, and have played close! No, they aren't quite back to being the "Riverdale" that people are used to, but its year one under a new coach. They will get it together, and there is plenty of football left to be played for that team this year. Riverdale will NOT be a team that somebody will want to play in the first round of the playoffs, you can bet on that.

Edited by thegreatone36

Not much difference from last year so far. just proves it is not coaching, all about players.

Yes there is a difference this year. EVERYTHING is NOT being blamed on the players except by YOU!

Would have been nice if the Coach that is gone had planned and prepared the players and kicking game for farther ahead than 5 minutes!

Weight training for one strong line and its backups take more preparation than 5-15 minutes a day for a contender. Hopefully the weight training is still being kept up. This is especially true for backups for later this year and beyond.

Like I said I do not expect much until the third year the Coach has this team. ALOT of rebuilding to do!

See 'tickle' I have not forgotten or FORGIVEN you. I will work on it though.

Yes there is a difference this year. EVERYTHING is NOT being blamed on the players except by YOU!

Would have been nice if the Coach that is gone had planned and prepared the players and kicking game for farther ahead than 5 minutes!

Weight training for one strong line and its backups take more preparation than 5-15 minutes a day for a contender. Hopefully the weight training is still being kept up. This is especially true for backups for later this year and beyond.

Like I said I do not expect much until the third year the Coach has this team. ALOT of rebuilding to do!

See 'tickle' I have not forgotten or FORGIVEN you. I will work on it though.

Wins is the only thing that matters.

Edited by wingman10

Wins is the only thing that matters.

No! The team this year is giving great effort. We are losing some close games and there is growing pains and thats ok! Attitudes are much better then under the last coach! There are some good noticeable changes in the direction this football program is going! Best wishes to Coach A as well! GO WARRIORS!!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

I do agree to some of your points about the coaching or players but there are two sides. As a strong team of seniors their output should be stronger. So far I have seen nothing but maybe a play or two from the so called "star****" players. They have yet to show anyone why they deserve a star much less a check mark. As for the staff, yes the weight training is a good thing as itcomes to team development for the future but isn't it a coaches responsibility to get the best out of his players? And can you say that's being done if players are still playing both ways and getting worn out? So when are you developing the future if your not getting playing time out of the under classmmen? Or backup seniors for that matter. Let's face it, we all know the coach has pressure to win and that's why he's playing players both ways, so if that's not working when is it time to start working for the future? And if all your doing different is weight training and screaming your different type of discipline to your players is that really rebuilding? Just some thoughts to ponder on..

I remember you saying you were taking up for all coaches .... well it seems you were being less than Honest , you just wanted 1 Coach to be hands off !

I am just saying that it is about the players and that winning is the gauge all coaches are measured by. i am not sure that Maryville coach would be doing any better.

Edited by hardtackle

Coach Q not only would have won the Gold Ball with the first team Coach A inherited, he could have taken on a BUNCH of college teams in this state. Remember the entire O-line got Div 1 offers. The supporting cast wasn't bad either. Heck the O-line was 5 deep when he got the team. That does not include the three separate D-lines. Still had decent special teams as well.............

Now ENOUGH with the past. We have a team that's building for the future. Frankly we know we are in the playoffs, now we need to develop the players for the second round of the playoffs and BEYOND! No need wearing players out by going both ways. Develop TWO separate lines with backups. Heck it would be nice to surprise some teams with a special team that does know how to run anything back for a touchdown.......you know like it used to be.