Sullivan South VS Gate City Va. Recent years rivalry game continues

DandDD

Saw South play against Boone on opening night, and no offense to South but they just looked really bad.     And its not like Boone was that great either, so that made South look even worse.    BTW, when I said no offense to South, that doesn't mean South doesn't have an offense (they do), I was referring to the word "offense" in the sense of offending someone or some entity vs. when you have the ball and are trying to run plays and score.    Holy grammar Batman.....

I know South is 0-3, but have also lost to 3 pretty good teams. Do they just have a dry spell of athletes right now? I watched them play two years ago when the Weiger kid was their QB and they were dang impressive. Seems they are a long way removed from that kind of talent right now...

The group that South had when Wieger was there was a very athletic group.  2 all staters and pretty much the entire skill position group were 1st team all conference.  Although South does have some very good athletes right now we in no way have the talent across the board that South enjoyed 2 or 3 years ago.  Several 10th graders are starting and are just now adapting to the speed of the game, we were much better against Seymour than we were against Boone and will continue to get better as the season goes on as long as the injury bug doesn't hit us too hard.  I really don't see the talent level taking a huge jump for the next year or 2 for South either.  I think the 8th graders at Colonial Heights are loaded and we have some talented freshmen right now so maybe in 3 years....

The group that South had when Wieger was there was a very athletic group.  2 all staters and pretty much the entire skill position group were 1st team all conference.  Although South does have some very good athletes right now we in no way have the talent across the board that South enjoyed 2 or 3 years ago.  Several 10th graders are starting and are just now adapting to the speed of the game, we were much better against Seymour than we were against Boone and will continue to get better as the season goes on as long as the injury bug doesn't hit us too hard.  I really don't see the talent level taking a huge jump for the next year or 2 for South either.  I think the 8th graders at Colonial Heights are loaded and we have some talented freshmen right now so maybe in 3 years....

Just in time for consolidation right?