Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

Then why berate kids for seeking these opportunities elsewhere ? Isn't that what we teach kids in life ?? Make choices and live with them... Or is it born here live with it and just deal with it.

Well how bout we just shut down all schools in Grundy and send them to schools in surrounding counties then..Grundy's actual education grade is a B+ wanna know what every county in our area is besides Grundy? B- is what almost every school in our area is..Franklin and Marion being the worst..the highest which was a A- was mcallie highest public school at an A- was East Hamilton..

I decide to take a few hours off and Grundyplayer comes in here and blows it up in a somewhat positive way and Jackets86 still throws shade on the Bryant era (after repeatedly telling me to let them go) but won't come to terms about what's taking place NOW. I am in no way shape or form know how good or bad a coach Coach Tate is. I come to a few games but now I've decided to focus on more important things on Fridays. Having said that however I do have very reliable sources and a lot tell me that he still belittles and disrespects his players, coaches, and parents. Kids aren't like they use to be. Some can take tough coaching and some can't but everyone should be respected. Who cares if we have 100 sophomores if only 3 or 4 can play. Far as encouraging your kids to leave Grundy than a parent should never enroll them in the first place if you didn't see what was going to take place. His teams are young and needed time. IF HE CAN COACH WE WILL KNOW FOR SURE NEXT YEAR. I bet some now would take a 6-5 year and 1st round game now?!?!? You'd think a 1-9 year and another one on the way would humble you a little!!!!

Edited by GCHSFAN24

One here and there is on the kids, more than that is on the coaching staff. Lack of discipline is exactly what it is. Which falls on coaching.

I guess we will have to disagree in our keyboard/armchair coaching. I think that's a concentration and listening to your call in the huddle thing. A coach can't be on the field whispering in your ear watch the ball or saying into int two. A player is on his own. That's the same as a lineman blocking a man you know it now do it.

I guess we will have to disagree in our keyboard/armchair coaching. I think that's a concentration and listening to your call in the huddle thing. A coach can't be on the field whispering in your ear watch the ball or saying into int two. A player is on his own. That's the same as a lineman blocking a man you know it now do it.

Any head coach around will tell you that it's a lack of discipline. Especially if it happens more often than not.

Whitwell does have a Middle School...South Pittsburg uses the high school and at the bottom is South Pittsburg Academy.

We are behind with surrounding counties and for sure behind going further out. Maybe the leaders of the education need to seek out counties with our population and see how they do things. See how they provide academics and athletics for their students. The main problem I've had with our county is the way things has been swept under the rug. This would've been the past couple of years with former principal allowing somethings to go on without proper punishment. I'll always be a GC fan even when my family member gets out, but things that have been let go on shouldn't have been allowed. It may be like that everywhere, but I sure hope not.

I think we would struggle playing 1A ball to be honest. Yes, we might get a couple more than 1 win a year, but when you split the county I don't think that would be good.

New school board members are in that want what's best for kids it seems. Hopefully we are on the up.

quote name="Jackets86" post="3556062" timestamp="1473569862"]

Actually Grundy football could prolly sqeek out a win vs Franklin..they have more academic stuff because they have more money..huntland doesn't have a middle school whitwell doesn't and neither does south Pitt..signal mountain doesn't have a middle school we could go on and on about this and that and it's just proof in the pudding that this county is more divided then ever..we got new school board members in office maybe they will change things or Atleast move it towards the right direction..but this county can't depend on tourism dollars alone and until the county has industries in it it will always be safe to assume this county won't have much..that's why the county depends so much on grants..

This the reason I think we should have two high schools..we can keep all the elementary schools k-6..north Grundy becomes 7-12th grade divide the county in half..Tracy city and monteagle build a new elementary school somewhere round the national guard armory there is plenty of room we take the old Tracy city elementary and turn it into 7-12 there is plenty of room there for it to be a high school..money, educationally, athletically it all makes sense..yes it might take a little time for both schools to adjust but it would put both schools in 1A in all sports from power lifting to track and football..we would be a lot more competitive and I guarantee we would definitely win more gold balls in Atleast girls basketball..we would have the biggest rivalry in the state..Lincoln county built Fayetteville high school and look how good it's doing..the city isn't that big either..just building a middle school will not fix the problems that we have..I believe the tax revenue from monteagle and Tracy combined would be enough to raise a new elementary school..the Tracy city high school could use the old high school for football games possibly basketball too if need be..we could build a track and soccer field behind the elementary school..there is plenty of trails in our area to offer cross country especially on the goat trail..your not getting rid of teachers in fact we would have to hire more teachers..the old high school could be turned into vocational classes such automotive, welding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical the north high school already has the space to offer those classes..just overall the idea makes perfect sense..instead of trying to give me reasons why it wouldn't work..I want you to think positive and give me reasons why it would work..it's smaller classrooms more interaction with teachers and the highest A in sports both schools would go to would be 2A..still very competitive..