Upperman@grundy

Jackets86

Grants are not a fiscally responsible way to run anything, and are totally subjective to be smallest legislation. That is a short term solution not a long term one.

You don't get the good without the bad, me giving 10 good reasons why the program would work, doesn't change the fact there are a hundred bad ones.

My family has long been in education, my mother taught 15 years in Florida and several up here, my sister currently in Hamilton County. , I understand completely smaller class room sizes helps education standards with more access to individual instruction.

The only way anything you've suggested is possible is with an influx of industry into Grundy County.

Have you been to signal mountain ????? The idea they're even comparable situation is a laugher. The avg family income for people in signal mountain is likely twice that for our county...

It would look something like Polk County and copper Basin. The way those two programs are, it doesn't sound like a promising long term solution.

If you want to look at it from an educational standpoint than close our current high school because it's a joke on that standpoint. But like I said a few weeks about the two schools deal. We would still have same director and board and there's your main problem. I think Jackets86 was looking at it from an athletic stand point at the moment. We all know it's a pipe dream. Probably should have been done in 97 when they built the other school.

Grants are not a fiscally responsible way to run anything, and are totally subjective to be smallest legislation. That is a short term solution not a long term one.

You don't get the good without the bad, me giving 10 good reasons why the program would work, doesn't change the fact there are a hundred bad ones.

My family has long been in education, my mother taught 15 years in Florida and several up here, my sister currently in Hamilton County. , I understand completely smaller class room sizes helps education standards with more access to individual instruction.

The only way anything you've suggested is possible is with an influx of industry into Grundy County.

How many industries are in whitwell or signal mountain? I agree that grants are not always a good thing to depend on but we're talking about pads here something that we would only have to buy once every 10-15 years..I'm glad that your family has experience as teachers mine does to in face my whole family is teachers..the bad doesn't out way the good in this..I would donate a lot of money to a south Grundy high school and I know a lot of other people that would too just to see it happen..yes the first few years would be rough but I believe that in the long run it would be for the best if we did it

If you want to look at it from an educational standpoint than close our current high school because it's a joke on that standpoint. But like I said a few weeks about the two schools deal. We would still have same director and board and there's your main problem. I think Jackets86 was looking at it from an athletic stand point at the moment. We all know it's a pipe dream. Probably should have been done in 97 when they built the other school.

I agree.

I think first solution is to join the rest of the world , make the superintendent an elected position so

He or she is not some patsy of the 5 on the school board.

How many industries are in whitwell or signal mountain? I agree that grants are not always a good thing to depend on but we're talking about pads here something that we would only have to buy once every 10-15 years..I'm glad that your family has experience as teachers mine does to in face my whole family is teachers..the bad doesn't out way the good in this..I would donate a lot of money to a south Grundy high school and I know a lot of other people that would too just to see it happen..yes the first few years would be rough but I believe that in the long run it would be for the best if we did it

Whitwell gets money from the rest of the Marion County school system, and signal mountain is 10 minute drive to downtown Chattanooga.

Buy new pads only every 10-15 years???? On what planet ?

I agree.

I think first solution is to join the rest of the world , make the superintendent an elected position so

He or she is not some patsy of the 5 on the school board.

So...you'd rather have a popularity contest decide who runs your school system??? Elect a School Board that represents the needs and wants of your communities and let them appoint your Director...that way the Director has someone to answer to for his/her decisions and actions.

Elect a Superintendent and for the next four years that person has carte blanch to do as he/she wishes with no consequences. You cast a vote for School Board Representative just as you would for Superintendent...chances are that your board member is more well known to you and your neighbors, and more willing to sit down with the public and explain decisions or listen to your concerns.

Edited by tradertwo

So...you'd rather have a popularity contest decide who runs your school system??? Elect a School Board that represents the needs and wants of your communities and let them appoint your Director...that way the Director has someone to answer to for his/her decisions and actions.

Elect a Superintendent and for the next four years that person has carte blanch to do as he/she wishes with no consequences. You cast a vote for School Board Representative just as you would for Superintendent...chances are that your board member is more well known to you and your neighbors, and more willing to sit down with the public and explain decisions or listen to your concerns.

I absolutely agree to this..

An elected superintendent would be great. They could speak about their plans to the parents and community. It might be a popularity contest, but a majority of the parents want someone that will do best for kids. I think being voted on by the community vs family members on the board is better. Golda or Janet Layne would've been best for our county.

An elected superintendent would be great. They could speak about their plans to the parents and community. It might be a popularity contest, but a majority of the parents want someone that will do best for kids. I think being voted on by the community vs family members on the board is better. Golda or Janet Layne would've been best for our county.

We got enough crooked politicians in our county who do back door shady stuff I think we need to hire someone who is not from here but has the experience to run the position we are needing