Giles County @ Marshall County : Rivalry Game

Lead

Everyone thinks MC will win big. Game will be closer than people think. Not putting down MC. Just think bobtails are better than anyone thinks they are. Everybody likes a good CAT fight.

Uhhh yea about that.... Y'all are killing me how y'all are already screaming rematch, y'all are way improved no doubt and have a big time arm at QB but did y'all not just watch that second half? Depth, execution and just straight up playmakers is why it ended up 45-10... And MC's grade for execution tonight was prolly a C- no lie, maybe their worse of the season. Yes Giles dropped some big catches and got TDs called back but so did MC... Y'all gotta quit being so team blind

Really impressed with where O'Connor already has this Giles County team.  I expected a blowout, but that feels like the closest 45-10 game that I've ever watched.  Marshall County's playmakers simply took over in the second half.  The big Marshall County receivers really took over in the passing game when the game was still on the line.  The Marshall County defense was stingy that second half, and they bent a good bit, but they never broke.  I was very impressed with the pressure that the Giles line consistently got.  Wallace really had to scramble around a good bit of the night. 

A quick thing I was curious about, but does high school not have the substitution rule that college has?  O'Connor was pretty sneaky running subs in super late, and Marshall County never had a chance to sub in to match personnel like you see at the next level. 

Marshall County has a huge test this coming week against Stratford who has become possibly the best Nashville area team in 3A.  Stratford will also be able to go athlete for athlete with Marshall County and has a great coach. 

Stratford is going to be our toughest regular season game by far.

I think the Tigers may have played their toughest opponent of the regular season tonight. Stratford may keep it close till half, but in the end, I'd be surprised to see them within 3td's. It will be well into November before they play someone that can match them for 4 qts. And that game will be in Lewisburg this year.

Excited for my son to start wearing the TIGER blue in the spring.

I think the Tigers may have played their toughest opponent of the regular season tonight. Stratford may keep it close till half, but in the end, I'd be surprised to see them within 3td's. It will be well into November before they play someone that can match them for 4 qts. And that game will be in Lewisburg this year.

Excited for my son to start wearing the TIGER blue in the spring.

Don't let the Stratford/ East Nashville score fool you. East was without Phillips when we played them. I do think we get this win against them tho. Just not sure by how much. Edited by leadfarmer

Bobcats played only 1 tough team so far and Lost. We beat that team in a scrimmage and won 42-7. I know it's just a scrimmage but we killed them. And Bryce's  numbers are mostly for 3 quarters JV player has played most of 4th quarter at QB.

MC 42

GC 14

Like I Said!!!! Toughest blowout win we had this year. JV did play in 4th quarter.

Wish I could've posted earlier but I just now managed to get my car out of the stadium parking lot 😂

I must say, I really enjoyed sitting on the Marshall County side. Your crowd was very entertaining. Great game until the 4th. We just got out-athleted late in the game. Marshall held their composure well, they were a little shocked early in the game at how well we were playing and you could see it in their attitudes, but they held it together and overcame the adversity. I don't see them losing the rest of the regular season. I was really surprised to see large numbers of Tiger fans leaving the game so early but after the parking lot situation, I now understand their motives.

Congratulations, I am having gravy with my crow this morning. Good luck the rest of the season and enjoy some sprinkles with your ice cream because sprinkles are for winners......right? :hungry:

I can respect that Catfan68. At least you came back for it. JAFO had about the weakest crow eating session i have ever seen. That begin said, spring hill better eat their Wheaties cause them Bobcats ain't playin. Good luck the rest of the way.