Giles County @ Marshall County : Rivalry Game

Lead

The difference in friday night wasn't players or coaches.  It was confidence!  MC after 4 years under quality coaching vs GC with 4 weeks of quality coaching.  We cal all agree GC had no issue getting wide open and breaking some great runs, but as previously mentioned we left several scores on the field.

Early in the game when everybody was hyped and loose the game was generally even..  But as the game moved on the MC confidence became the overiding factor.  For example,  GC reciever, running....... wide open........is thinking,....I'm wide open, Ive got to catch it, and fails.

The MC recievers, fairly well covered, think,  I position for the ball, see the ball, hands to the ball, secure the ball.  

Its the conditioned reactions which comes with good coaching over time.  

No doubt GC has the talent and now we have the coaching,  Things are only going to get better with repetition and a good strong mental attitude. 

I wouldn't be surpriszed if we have another lil cat fight later this year.

The difference in friday night wasn't players or coaches. It was confidence! MC after 4 years under quality coaching vs GC with 4 weeks of quality coaching. We cal all agree GC had no issue getting wide open and breaking some great runs, but as previously mentioned we left several scores on the field.

Early in the game when everybody was hyped and loose the game was generally even.. But as the game moved on the MC confidence became the overiding factor. For example, GC reciever, running....... wide open........is thinking,....I'm wide open, Ive got to catch it, and fails.

The MC recievers, fairly well covered, think, I position for the ball, see the ball, hands to the ball, secure the ball.

No doubt GC has the talent and now we have the coaching, Things are only going to get better with repetition and a good strong mental attitude.

VERY MUCH AGREE!!!

VERY MUCH AGREE!!!

I get what you are saying but it could also be said that early on emotions were why the game was close and as it wore on the better athletes took over. Giles always has athletes though so who knows. Interesting to read the banter between the 2 communities though. Every school should have that type of rival

The difference in friday night wasn't players or coaches.  It was confidence!  MC after 4 years under quality coaching vs GC with 4 weeks of quality coaching.  We cal all agree GC had no issue getting wide open and breaking some great runs, but as previously mentioned we left several scores on the field.

Early in the game when everybody was hyped and loose the game was generally even..  But as the game moved on the MC confidence became the overiding factor.  For example,  GC reciever, running....... wide open........is thinking,....I'm wide open, Ive got to catch it, and fails.

The MC recievers, fairly well covered, think,  I position for the ball, see the ball, hands to the ball, secure the ball.  

No doubt GC has the talent and now we have the coaching,  Things are only going to get better with repetition and a good strong mental attitude. 

100% Agree rock. The big question for me is can these guys gain that confidence this year?  It will be very interesting to see how we respond on Friday night. I am just amazed at how far these kids have come in such a short period of time. The really exciting part is that I feel like they are not close to maxing out their full potential.

100% Agree rock. The big question for me is can these guys gain that confidence this year? It will be very interesting to see how we respond on Friday night. I am just amazed at how far these kids have come in such a short period of time. The really exciting part is that I feel like they are not close to maxing out their full potential.

They're not close yet. Half a season into the new system. Just sit back and watch the show when everything finally clicks.

100% Agree rock. The big question for me is can these guys gain that confidence this year? It will be very interesting to see how we respond on Friday night. I am just amazed at how far these kids have come in such a short period of time. The really exciting part is that I feel like they are not close to maxing out their full potential.

They definitely can get there. Remember 2011. A couple of embarrassing losses during the seasons n. But we raped MC in the playoffs after loosing badly to them during the regular season. We only lost in a very close game in the semifinal game in Greeneville.

A couple improvements I saw this week was the O line which did well in my opinion and the receivers got wide open.......a lot. Skills will improve