Catholic vs Fulton

Guest JustMeVFL

FHS .. we aint young in the OL and DL !! WE have all Seniors starting ... but the difference is that KC has alot more OL and DL and they are all huge and D1 prospects ..KC may very well be the best team in state or can play with anybody ... Maryville, KC can both play with the DII big privates ... and may beat them all .... KC is loaded at ALL positions .. they have done a very good job getting players and getting them at all positions. Wouls love to see them play Baylor and McCallie and the Nashville privates but looks like they will stay in D1 .. travel is said to be issue .. but currently they travel to Belfry , Ky , Chattanooga and Nashville for games .. but I dont blame them for not wanting to travel to Memphis if that was the case ...

By young I meant inexperienced while they are seniors most have little to no varsity experience... Our best OL/DL 54 is undersized but he plays hard he is the only lineman with experience I hope we can play our best game of the season... I think they will be more motivated I just dk if it will be enough... Catholic has 4 lineman that will play at a power 5 college plus 3 36 4 16 and much more they reminds me of the 2013 Fulton team LOADED...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By young I meant inexperienced while they are seniors most have little to no varsity experience... Our best OL/DL 54 is undersized but he plays hard he is the only lineman with experience I hope we can play our best game of the season... I think they will be more motivated I just dk if it will be enough... Catholic has 4 lineman that will play at a power 5 college plus 3 36 4 16 and much more they reminds me of the 2013 Fulton team LOADED...

Young in experience I agree .. yes you are correct there ..... for sure and yes .. QSOUTH - should be called QLOU !!!! LOL

Young in experience I agree .. yes you are correct there ..... for sure and yes .. QSOUTH - should be called QLOU !!!! LOL

Say what??? Man we are 1-3 against you guys the last three years, I've seen you guys play. You do have athletes. I agree about the depth but Catholic plays a lot of kids both ways too. QLOU that's funny.

Say what??? Man we are 1-3 against you guys the last three years, I've seen you guys play. You do have athletes. I agree about the depth but Catholic plays a lot of kids both ways too. QLOU that's funny.

I have to admit .. I thought QLOU was pretty good but got to give assist to Fhsalumni12 .. with his Q HOLTZ... Q you guys take it easy on us ..

I have to admit .. I thought QLOU was pretty good but got to give assist to Fhsalumni12 .. with his Q HOLTZ... Q you guys take it easy on us ..

All jokes aside I do think this will be more competitive then everyone is letting on. The Fulton and Catholic kids have been battling since elementary school. I use to coach the current seniors for the Irish in Catholic Youth Football and they've had some classic games (if you want to call it that) with the Falcons. Here's a little history lesson: in 2007 the Falcons defeated CYF in the championship game Chaton Mobley scored both touchdowns, giving CYF their only loss. 2008 CYF went undefeated and won the championship by beating the Falcons in the regular season and the playoffs. In 2009 CYF swept the Falcons (the second game being the mud bowl lol) The teams didn't play in 2010 they were placed in different divisions. In 2011 the Irish won the championship by going undefeated and sweeping the Falcons. 2012 was different. The Falcons 8th grade team was loaded and beat us by the same score 13-6 in the regular season and the title game. Still have the videos. So the senior class for both teams know each other well and that's why I expect a great game. Edited by QSouth89

All jokes aside I do think this will be more competitive then everyone is letting on. The Fulton and Catholic kids have been battling since elementary school. I use to coach the current seniors for the Irish in Catholic Youth Football and they've had some classic games (if you want to call it that) with the Falcons. Here's a little history lesson: in 2007 the Falcons defeated CYF in the championship game Chaton Mobley scored both touchdowns, giving CYF their only loss. 2008 CYF went undefeated and won the championship by beating the Falcons in the regular season and the playoffs. In 2009 CYF swept the Falcons (the second game being the mud bowl lol) The teams didn't play in 2010 they were placed in different divisions. In 2011 the Irish won the championship by going undefeated and sweeping the Falcons. 2012 was different. The Falcons 8th grade team was loaded and beat us by the same score 13-6 in the regular season and the title game. Still have the videos. So the senior class for both teams know each other well and that's why I expect a great game.

That's also when Amari was at Fulton lol he makes a huge difference and Fulton just doesn't match up well in the trenches with Catholic... That's the biggest thing that scares me at Fulton I've never worried about the other teams skill players up front is what separates good from great... I'm really hoping our boys emotion help them in the trenches but when you are going against a SEC offensive Line emotion won't be enough... I don't think Fulton will roll over but idk if they have enough depth up front to last 4 quarters...

Guest JustMeVFL

The line play is the major difference and will ultimately determine the game imo... Catholic has a college o line and d line and we are young in those areas... How well we do in the trenches will be the difference in the game...