JI Burton (VA) vs Unaka "Home Coming"

YesSir3114

I have watched each game this season and last! Much more fight in these kids than the team last year. Depending on how well the Seniors and Juniors behave will decide how close this game will be. I dont think the Rangers will upset Burton (44-12 Burton) by no means. 

Anyone got a head coach on a bye this week, you would let Unaka borrow just one game?  

I have watched each game this season and last! Much more fight in these kids than the team last year. Depending on how well the Seniors and Juniors behave will decide how close this game will be. I dont think the Rangers will upset Burton (44-12 Burton) by no means. 

Anyone got a head coach on a bye this week, you would let Unaka borrow just one game?

coaching change won't matter until everyone understands their role including parent's, staff, etc.

I have watched each game this season and last! Much more fight in these kids than the team last year. Depending on how well the Seniors and Juniors behave will decide how close this game will be. I dont think the Rangers will upset Burton (44-12 Burton) by no means.

Anyone got a head coach on a bye this week, you would let Unaka borrow just one game?

If unaka can get back to where they were in 2010, it'd be a good start

Yes sir, who would you like to coach them! Looking at the talent on the field not so sure most coaches could win with that. Game in game out every Friday they play hard and leave it on the field but not a lot of talent to get results.

True 75, it seems to get worse each year not sure how much longer they can continue the program at this rate unfortunately. I have heard rumors that they are planning on forfeiting the HV game to keep from having injuries to finish the year.

Yes sir, who would you like to coach them! Looking at the talent on the field not so sure most coaches could win with that. Game in game out every Friday they play hard and leave it on the field but not a lot of talent to get results.

I agree with everything that was said. You have 8 sophomore that played last year (two that started) not playing this year. You have talent in the halls, just need the right coaches to put the want in them. The coaches at Unaka are great people, hard working but that's not going to right the ship. You need a young energetic coaching staff mixed with wiley  ole veterans who know the game. Someone the kids can relate to and get excited to play for. There is no emotion on the sidelines of Unaka. Kid messes up is the same as a touchdown. No one chewing butt, no one encouraging, kid gets ejected no one upset. Referee blows a call or questionable call, not a word of emotion. Football is an emotional game. I get your afraid of injuries but if you keep worrying, stressing that to your kids. Then more than likely the kids are going to play soft. 

True 75, it seems to get worse each year not sure how much longer they can continue the program at this rate unfortunately. I have heard rumors that they are planning on forfeiting the HV game to keep from having injuries to finish the year.

I have also heard this rumor. I hope it isn't true, more than likely this will cause more tension inside the county and school. Harriman could have scored 100 on the Rangers, I would hope with the numbers HV has, they could work the younger kids. Besides if they don't beat Hancock and Oakdale they will be facing a Harriman, Greenback type team.

Another thing is it don't even take a year for a good program to fall into the abyss. Especially a small school.

There has to be continuity. You have to train year round.

You have to have team meetings in the winter. You have to get to know your kids. You have to train. You have to know what's going on in the youth club. You have to train. You have to be all in if you want to win. In the summer, kids need a field with corn and a hoe. You have to train. No whining, no entitlement, no laziness, no excuses. You have to train