Meigs County Football at McMinn Central

Tiger86

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Meigs last night at Silverdale. I came away very impressed with the young QB Swafford. He's going to be a good one. If MC can get some speed on the outside and rush up and in at him before he gets moving they might keep him in check. He's got a few receivers to throw to and makes good choices going down field or tucking and running. And he's deceptively quick. Now I haven't seen MC but read they have a pretty good large back. Silverdale moved the ball with what I'm guessing are smaller and slower kids but turned it over way to much to give themselves a chance. This game could go right down to the last extra point. That doesn't help Meigs. From what I saw they haven't got a good Point after kicker. If MC does get upfield in the Swafford kid they better have very disciplined middles cause he can cut under you and pick his way through pretty good also. I'm going with MC in a tight one with an extra point miss the difference. Not seeing MC I'm guessing 28 to 26. Good luck to both. Should be a good game to watch.

Would this game be a good one to go to?

Both communities support their teams well. Should be a great atmosphere and the game should be close either way. You'd have to ask the locals on concessions and places to eat nearby. If you wanted to drive in up to Madisonville after the game Burt's might still be open and maybe the A&W for a good float.