Ricky Bowers Paid $600k to coach HS football

ironman55

th_earth_with_breaking_news_text_hg-1.giI would just like to take this opportunity to offer my services for all positions previously discussed, this week only, for the bargain price of $598,000. All interested institutions contact me through this message board. I cannot promise similar results; I can only promise a savings of $2,000. I will wait by my computer for requested interviews.

Mr. Bowers, I am not coming for your job, but if you feel like it is best to step down I understand.

Sincerely,

GVK

idea-idea-animated-animation-smiley.gif

• Upvote 1

Drones are a diversion. Yes, you should examine the public financial statements of non-profits.

When Tommy Frist gives a $1,000,000 to Ensworth, $550,000 comes from his funds.  The remaining $450,000 comes from reducing his federal tax by that amount due to the donation. . The public has the right to know how their taxes are spent and that is why the feds make their financial statements public.

Truly twisted "logic"  You obviously are a flaming liberal.  Mr Frist has still spent $1,000,000.  It's HIS money - NOT the government's.  Money better spent by a citizen than by the feds.  The tax deduction is allowed by law.  To quote you, "If you don't like it - talk to your Congressman."

Truly twisted "logic"  You obviously are a flaming liberal.  Mr Frist has still spent $1,000,000.  It's HIS money - NOT the government's.  Money better spent by a citizen than by the feds.  The tax deduction is allowed by law.  To quote you, "If you don't like it - talk to your Congressman."

I find it highly ironic that Mr. Ironman seems to resent the fact that a private school may benefit from the federal tax laws relating to the allowance of deductions while totally ignoring the fact that the publics are funded 100% by tax dollars, including taxes paid by Dr. Frist and by myself.  It seems that if anyone is being shortchanged, it is us who pay for public schools without using them - we choose to pay for both the private and the public school in order to provide our children with the best education possible.  I am not whining about this, nor are any private parents that I know of.  For some reason, Mr. Ironman and his ilk seem to get some satisfaction from whining about how unfair life is.  I am becoming convinced that it is simple envy, which is not a good thing.

• Upvote 1

Some Ensworth supporters are concerned that Ricky Bowers has 4 full-time jobs to justify his $600,000 salary.  I will relieve your concerns.

Job #1 Associate Head of School – ceremonial title given to justify salary

Job #2 Athletic Director – again don’t worry.  He has 8, count’em 8, Associate/ Assistant athletics directors to help spread the workload

http://www.ensworth.com/Page/Explore/Faculty--Staff?deptId=4239

3. Head Football Coach – fall season plus 1 week of spring practice.  No teaching load

4. Head Basketball Coach – winter season only.  No teaching load

Edited by ironman55

Some Ensworth supporters are concerned that Ricky Bowers has 4 full-time jobs to justify his $600,000 salary. I will relieve your concerns.

Job #2 Athletic Director – again don’t worry. He has 8, count’em 8, Associate/ Assistant athletics directors to help spread the workload

3. Head Football Coach – fall season plus 1 week of spring practice. No teaching load

4. Head Basketball Coach – winter season only season. No teaching load

After hearing this news I'm outraged. Should we protest?Should we sign a petition that bans Ensworth from playing any sports until his salary is lowered? Should we kneel? Whatever you have in mind I'm behind you. Let's get this fixed.

Whoever is playing Ensworth tonight should forfeit. Don't let any of their teams play until we see some changes.

Edited by Spartan4Life
  • Upvote 1

Some Ensworth supporters are concerned that Ricky Bowers has 4 full-time jobs to justify his $600,000 salary.  I will relieve your concerns.

Job #2 Athletic Director – again don’t worry.  He has 8, count’em 8, Associate/ Assistant athletics directors to help spread the workload

3. Head Football Coach – fall season plus 1 week of spring practice.  No teaching load

Excellent work, Comrade.  We must expose the bourgeois so that the revolution may prosper.  I look forward to your expose of Butch Jones, Mike Mularkey, P.K. Subban, Taylor Swift and all other subjects of the motherland who make more money than you and I.  Keep up the good work - you shall be rewarded for your efforts.

Sir, you are just off base here. Because of their tax status, the public has a right to know his salary. It has been exposed right here on CoachT.  The vast majority feel like there is nothing to see here. Ensworth can do as they wish, they are completely within the law, and within the rules of the TSSAA. If someone doesn't like that he is paid that much, that's just life. I may congratulate him and the school for being able to afford such a successful person, while another may despise both for the very same reasons. Regardless, you and I don't get to decide. Ensworth and Coach Bowers are legal both from a law and TSSAA rule stand point. If I'm missing something and they are not, please explain. Otherwise, this is just envy and sour grapes.

• Upvote 1

After hearing this news I'm outraged. Should we protest?Should we sign a petition that bans Ensworth from playing any sports until his salary is lowered? Should we kneel? Whatever you have in mind I'm behind you. Let's get this fixed.

Whoever is playing Ensworth tonight should forfeit. Don't let any of their teams play until we see some changes.

And that's what we did! Sorta :)