Jackson county vs. Westmoreland

Jchs2008

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great atmosphere tonight up in J-county. Beautiful place to visit. Jackson county has done an outstanding job improving. I thought both teams played hard. Loved our defensive stand there holding J-county 4 plays inside the 3 yard line. We just can't turn the ball over and win games. I'd would have loved to seen our #44 in the game during crunch time a little more in my opinion. A missed 2 point conversion. Was the difference in this ball game along with J-county hitting a field goal. By the way, how many years has the J-county coach been there? Just curious.

This is his first year back...He was the coach for 6 or 7 years, then left to be an assistant at Galitan last year. Then returned home.

Not sure, but think Coach Loftis was the QB the last time we beat Westmoreland like 19 years ago. I was on the team, (on the sideline). I might be wrong, but I think that was the last time JC beat them. Last game of the year at JC, to put us in the playoffs.

This is his first year back...He was the coach for 6 or 7 years, then left to be an assistant at Galitan last year. Then returned home.

Not sure, but think Coach Loftis was the QB the last time we beat Westmoreland like 19 years ago. I was on the team, (on the sideline). I might be wrong, but I think that was the last time JC beat them. Last game of the year at JC, to put us in the playoffs.

I could only go back to 2000 but couldn't find them beating Westmoreland. So you are probably right about that being the last time.

I remember getting to watch them play quite a bit back around 2003-2004 when they were in the same region as Trousdale County, Smith County, Portland, Livingston Academy etc. and they were horrible losing every game by like 50-60 points. They certainly are doing much better now.

Great atmosphere tonight up in J-county. Beautiful place to visit. Jackson county has done an outstanding job improving. I thought both teams played hard. Loved our defensive stand there holding J-county 4 plays inside the 3 yard line. We just can't turn the ball over and win games. I'd would have loved to seen our #44 in the game during crunch time a little more in my opinion. A missed 2 point conversion. Was the difference in this ball game along with J-county hitting a field goal. By the way, how many years has the J-county coach been there? Just curious.

We appreciate the kind words. Good people from Westmoreland. Good luck the rest of this season. God Bless and Go Devils.

The year was 1996. The year after I graduated. I remember a little loftis kid at qb starting as a freshman I think against us my sophomore year when we went undefeated. They played us as tough as anybody that year. Is he one of the coaches now?

Yes. Sean Loftis is the head coach. He was a good QB back in the day.