49 Team 6A & 5A

mjuhb

This is all what is wrong with the TSSAA, splitting the claases up equal by number of schools is wrong. The low number of teams in a class should be the 6A schools. I would go with 48, 8 districts of 6 schools each. Does not matter, 4 east and 4 west. Top 4 teams in each make playoffs. Some teams are going to have to travel farther than others. Breaking up some county schools would not be the worst idea. Would be very good non district games. Final thought would be 32 teams in each class for playoffs. See no reason for byes in high school football

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add one last thing. No matter what they do, some people will find fault in it. I just believe it would be wrong to have one or two districts of 7, 8 or 9 teams and other districts with only 5 or 6. My point for the non equal classes. Just take the 32 playoff teams. 6A with average enrollment 1800 equals 57600 students and 32 playoff 3a schools of 450 equals 14400 students. I know my numbers are not exact with school sizes But, this is why the larger classes should have less schools than the smaller classes. Have it but be gentle with your comments. Just my thoughts on this topic.

This is all what is wrong with the TSSAA, splitting the claases up equal by number of schools is wrong. The low number of teams in a class should be the 6A schools. I would go with 48, 8 districts of 6 schools each. Does not matter, 4 east and 4 west. Top 4 teams in each make playoffs. Some teams are going to have to travel farther than others. Breaking up some county schools would not be the worst idea. Would be very good non district games. Final thought would be 32 teams in each class for playoffs. See no reason for byes in high school football

No not happening, Example you could have Munford making 2 or 3 trips Clarksville. Or Collierville taking trips to Clarksville, Nashville or Dickson. Like i keep saying there is no equal way to do this.

Another possible scenario for 6A

Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett

Morristown West

Jeff County

Bearden 

Farragut

Hardin Valley

Maryville

Heritage

Wm Blount

McMinn

Cleveland

Bradley Central

Ooltewah

Cookeville

Warren Co

Coffee Co

Lebanan

Wilson Central

Blackman

Oakland

Siegel

Riverdale

Smyrna

Stewarts Creek

Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet

Station Camp

Rossview

Dickson Co.

Antioch

Cane Ridge

McGavock

Lavergne

Overton

Centennial

Independence

Franklin

Brentwood

Ravenwood

Collierville

Arlington

Germantown

Houston

Bartlett

White Station

Whitehaven

Cordova

Memphis Central

Just speculation, and I'm not totally sure how they will divide up Middle TN.  The thought behind this projection came from this:

West TN = 9 teams (1 big region... no travel)

Middle TN = 26 teams (5 small regions... debate on how they will be divided)

East TN = 14 teams (2 regions... keeps team from plateau from crossing over time zone to fill a third region in the east, could also debate how they split Knox/Blount)

(+) Least amount of travel except for maybe in the east, although Bradley Central travels twice as far already

(+) No 4-team regions

(-) Disparity in the size of the regions

(-) Can't have it both ways, equal regions with no travel

(--) Class 6A itself, this state is truly only big enough for 5 classifications in public school football.