Baylor at McCallie (The Rivalry Game You Tell Your Grandkids About)

Spartan4Life

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ensworth yes but they should have won but they turned the ball over 6 times but that's no excuse... But rhea county no.. A public school with a smallline and no skill players with break away speed shouldn't be a challenge to a team like Baylor

Baylor forces those turnovers. Just like they forced some against BA. Baylor just has to find an identity on offense. The defense is solid.

I would disagree with you on the size of Rhea County's line. They are pretty big up front (at least on offense) they are also a top 5A team. Making it to the semifinals the past two years. I think Rhea is a solid football team that will make another push in 5A playoffs.

I will agree McCallie having played Blackman and the team from Georgia does have the tougher schedule so far. But they also did last year as well. Should be a good one!

Edited by Spartan4Life

Baylor forces those turnovers. Just like they forced some against BA. Baylor just has to find an identity on offense. The defense is solid.

I would disagree with you on the size of Rhea County's line. They are pretty big up front (at least on offense) they are also a top 5A team. Making it to the semifinals the past two years. I think Rhea is a solid football team that will make another push in 5A playoffs.

I will agree McCallie having played Blackman and the team from Georgia does have the tougher schedule so far. But they also did last year as well. Should be a good one!

I agree it will be a good game! I wasn't trying to hate on Rhea it's just such a noticeable difference from a team like Baylot than even a top 5a school like rhea.. Talent level is just so vastly different

Why isn't this game at Finley Stadium on a Thursday or a Saturday, so more people can come to it?

Didn't it used to be?

A few years ago Baylor decided to play the game at their home field so McCallie did the same the next year.  The atmosphere is so much better at both schools, but unfortunately the stadium capacities does limit the attendance.  It is a trade-off.  I'd like to see a home and home followed in the 3rd year by a neutral site game at Finley.

I think this will be less than a TD game. Having seen both teams in person Baylor vs Rhea and McCallie's scrimmage against Knox Catholic. Both of these teams are pretty evenly matched. Both teams put 47 pts on Red Bank. Schedule wise yes McCallie has played a tougher schedule, but Baylor has also won all their games in the fashion like they should have. I got to give Baylor the edge on defense and McCallie the edge on offense. This game will probably come down to a special teams play like a blocked FG or a punt return.

As far as the site of the game it should have never left Finley. Both schools stadiums are just too small for a game this size.

As for my eagles, yes we don't have any break away speed especially if we are comparing Rhea to Baylor or McCallie. Traditionally we don't have those type of players, we play to our strengths which is the power run game. We have been very successful with that style for the last 3 years. I have to disagree too regarding the size of the lines especially on offense. This is the biggest line we have had since about 2007-2009 when we had 3 FBS linemen on the team. Plus, we started a sophomore QB that had zero varsity snaps going against an outstanding Baylor defense. Baylor did a great job rattling him all night and shutting down the run. Baylor was suppose to beat us.They do have more talent like all the private schools in DII-AA should. Now we have gotten better since the Baylor game and I don't see Rhea losing the rest of the regular season.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I think this will be less than a TD game. Having seen both teams in person Baylor vs Rhea and McCallie's scrimmage against Knox Catholic. Both of these teams are pretty evenly matched. Both teams put 47 pts on Red Bank. Schedule wise yes McCallie has played a tougher schedule, but Baylor has also won all their games in the fashion like they should have. I got to give Baylor the edge on defense and McCallie the edge on offense. This game will probably come down to a special teams play like a blocked FG or a punt return.

As far as the site of the game it should have never left Finley. Both schools stadiums are just too small for a game this size.

As for my eagles, yes we don't have any break away speed especially if we are comparing Rhea to Baylor or McCallie. Traditionally we don't have those type of players, we play to our strengths which is the power run game. We have been very successful with that style for the last 3 years. I have to disagree too regarding the size of the lines especially on offense. This is the biggest line we have had since about 2007-2009 when we had 3 FBS linemen on the team. Plus, we started a sophomore QB that had zero varsity snaps going against an outstanding Baylor defense. Baylor did a great job rattling him all night and shutting down the run. Baylor was suppose to beat us.They do have more talent like all the private schools in DII-AA should. Now we have gotten better since the Baylor game and I don't see Rhea losing the rest of the regular season.

best of luck to Rhea the rest of the year! Could come down between you guys and oak ridge!

I can agree with this. Great summary.