Future of Grundy County

allblack

Coach Tate has the worst winning % or very close to the worst ever in GC sports period. The director and her family along with Coach Tate don't want to play ANY Marion County school. Why? To try and pad his record. Wants to also take Seq. County off as well, but they are in our region. IF they take Marion off then middle school and Pee Wee also need to refuse to play us. Our middle school is not even sanctioned with TN Middle School Association. GC needs change very bad, but the politics are worse than ever. Tate will not win 5 games next year even if Spitt, Marion and Whitwell are off.

You are talking about making a schedule winnable--how about quit making excuses and have our athletes prepared to play anyone!

Coach Tate is only in his second year no need to get rid of him..now if he don't win 5-6 games next year then hey it should be brought up for discussion..burner the new boys basketball coach is gonna win us some ball games the schedule is brutal this year which is their one downfall their first 4 games are against Franklin tullahoma and coffee county..out of their first 10 games I see a possible 2 wins. Next year. They can have a better schedule play some more winnable games..as for the ad mr. Trussler is a good man and would give you the shirt off his back..baseball coach I dunno him. Girls basketball I understand is in his second year so no need in getting rid of him..if you want to make a difference in our athletic programs maybe you should volunteer your time in helping the program

Coach Tate has the worst winning % or very close to the worst ever in GC sports period. The director and her family along with Coach Tate don't want to play ANY Marion County school. Why? To try and pad his record. Wants to also take Seq. County off as well, but they are in our region. IF they take Marion off then middle school and Pee Wee also need to refuse to play us. Our middle school is not even sanctioned with TN Middle School Association. GC needs change very bad, but the politics are worse than ever. Tate will not win 5 games next year even if Spitt, Marion and Whitwell are off.

You are talking about making a schedule winnable--how about quit making excuses and have our athletes prepared to play anyone!

I don't know where u get ur info but whoever is givin it to you needs to pass whatever they tokin on bud..that being said Marion will always be played south Pitt will always be played as well as whitwell and Sequatchie..the only way I don't see any of those games being played is if we were like in a 8-9 team region which I doubt will ever happen..that being said grundy will change the admins will do their part the county schools ain't run by one person anymore they do need to change a lot of things and it will take time..can't expect a new school board to change everything in just two months..just saying have patience and coach Tate's record is on par with coach Brewers record all 5 years he was hc at grundy..and was better then that guys from NC..

Pretty reliable source that we want all Marion teams off and Seq. if not in the region. Our AD doesn't want this, so maybe for the kids sake $ gates can be had. I'm very glad we have a new board. I believe if all of the board was running they all would've been voted out. Coach Tate's record is nothing to be proud of. You can't count middle school. Here are the %s:

Colquette 60%

Pickett 50%

Bryant 47%

Brewer 30%

Tate is about 12% now but if we lose out will be 10%

Swafford is 10%

So, he is the next to lowest. Just not acceptable for our program with the athletes we have. Yea, we are young, but if we are that good we could beat teams.

I don't know where u get ur info but whoever is givin it to you needs to pass whatever they tokin on bud..that being said Marion will always be played south Pitt will always be played as well as whitwell and Sequatchie..the only way I don't see any of those games being played is if we were like in a 8-9 team region which I doubt will ever happen..that being said grundy will change the admins will do their part the county schools ain't run by one person anymore they do need to change a lot of things and it will take time..can't expect a new school board to change everything in just two months..just saying have patience and coach Tate's record is on par with coach Brewers record all 5 years he was hc at grundy..and was better then that guys from NC..

Pretty reliable source that we want all Marion teams off and Seq. if not in the region. Our AD doesn't want this, so maybe for the kids sake $ gates can be had. I'm very glad we have a new board. I believe if all of the board was running they all would've been voted out. Coach Tate's record is nothing to be proud of. You can't count middle school. Here are the %s:

Colquette 60%

Pickett 50%

Bryant 47%

Brewer 30%

Tate is about 12% now but if we lose out will be 10%

Swafford is 10%

So, he is the next to lowest. Just not acceptable for our program with the athletes we have. Yea, we are young, but if we are that good we could beat teams.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Bryant took over a struggling 1-9 program and won 5 games consistently. Tate inherited a 5 win program with a weaker schedule and cannot even beat my tigers. Not a Bryant fan just some facts for you.

Here's the problem. When Coach Tate was trying to get the job he was all over the county promoting his name. Was very friendly and was pulling wool over everyone eyes. Now after a couple of years he's back to being eragant and I believe there's the true reason why he's losing the fan base and players are he leaving. To him we are 10-0 and he needs no advice and that's why the community isn't supporting him.