Future of Grundy County

allblack

We need to get back to the ONE Grundy I totally agree. I want to see our student athletes succeed. I've followed sports here a very long time and I can't recall it this divided.

I only brought it up because of mentioning the 2 schools and how the south would always beat the north end. I am far from the problem on that mountain I assure you of that. The high school is in the center of the county, so all ends should benefit. I don't need any congrats, but all the kids of Grundy no matter North, South, East or West deserve a great quality coach that is a winner on and off the field. They don't have that right now. I've always said when we had a great middle school team Derryl Graham was why as a coach. It shows now. Casey might be a good guy...I think different, but he can't win.

I wasn't referring to you. You didn't start that crazy topic. I think you jumped the gun on it before thinking about it. But you're right I think we can all agree or disagree but we are ONE GRUNDY

And that is your problem plotting and keeping up with North and South who wins and who don't. I'm not for a north high and a south high. Nunley is from the North end so I don't know what you mean comparing him and Atkins. I believe you are going to upset calling the North end narrow minded. Obviously you are from the South end and your mind only goes for South. So, you are saying the ONE good player North end player has transferred. I guess the Rueghling QB, the Hackworth kid RB, Blackburn kid WR, Tatw kid FB aren't good. That's the bulk of the scoring for the middle school football team. What has the south end dominated in?

If the north end of the county is so good why ain't Atkins the qb instead of Nunley? Name one HC from the north end of the county you can't Pickett from monteagle Bryant Tracy Tate monteagle brewer Pelham colquitte monteagle coach Melton monteagle the fact of the matter is south Grundy has bled purple more then the north end if the north wasn't so narrow minded we wouldn't have this problem..the one good ball player the north had just transferred to south Pitt so that just goes to show u where the northern end of the counties true colors lie..only way to kill a snake is to cut its head off and if the South end had any sense they'd sever the head while they still can..how many years has the north end been dominate in ball? 2 years in a roe whoopty do south end dominates year after year and always will until the north end becomes relevant..jacket out

Those are names from the past. You mentioned the transfer which is in today's time. Quit plotting these kids with who is better north or south. The names you mentioned from the South were great, but they played at Grundy County along with the narrow minded North end kids. They played as a team and they won games even as...your favorite excuse... We are just young. This new school board knows our county needs change and that includes athletics. Heard today at work Brewer has been talked to for being the head coach next year...not sure how I feel about that yet

I could name hundreds of boys that came from the south end..sanders, Melton, Bryant's, cooks, newsomes, Foshee, arty, the list goes on and on and on..but anyways I'm tired of this one sided conversation Ima get to work..

Totally agree. My nephew says he doesn't even monitor his classes and they are left unattended. Kids will tell all kinds of things, but I do know he needs to be working on a good practice scheme instead of on the T.

If ole coach tate would worry more about his children he's suppose to be teaching today an coaching this evening than spending his time on coacht he might can find his second win. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

If the north end of the county is so good why ain't Atkins the qb instead of Nunley? Name one HC from the north end of the county you can't Pickett from monteagle Bryant Tracy Tate monteagle brewer Pelham colquitte monteagle coach Melton monteagle the fact of the matter is south Grundy has bled purple more then the north end if the north wasn't so narrow minded we wouldn't have this problem..the one good ball player the north had just transferred to south Pitt so that just goes to show u where the northern end of the counties true colors lie..only way to kill a snake is to cut its head off and if the South end had any sense they'd sever the head while they still can..how many years has the north end been dominate in ball? 2 years in a roe whoopty do south end dominates year after year and always will until the north end becomes relevant..jacket out

Maybe that Tate man and the family can get the grants they need to open up that dream high school out there in Tracy City along so they can play the smaller 1A schools and try and make him look like an ole ball coach. Now wake up from your dream and take a step back and realize it's about the children in this county not about personal gain for a coach or the administration at all. Here in this county we have lost that focus and you being one of the main ones. I do bleed purple unlike yourself. I guess when the seat gets hot you try and get the heat to go somewhere else. That's a fact jack.

Edited by Ibleedpurple97

No wonder Grundy is lost in the 19th century still..its bigots like you that have tarnished this county..Atleast i have looked outside the box in ways or ideas to better our children's lives instead of caring about big 8 ball..to behonest Tate ain't a bad coach he has young kids he is a young coach himself there will be growing pains.. Until this county can come together and accept CHANGE always expect mediocre in everything because that's all it's gonna be..change can be in a lot of things but right now this county is so a-- backwards in its way of thinking that I don't think it can or ever will change..yes we got new board members but that means jack diddly squat if their stuck in the mindset that y'all are all in..what this county needs is thorough cleaning from county mayor on down get rid of everybody and hire true professionals that actually know what they are doing not your cousins sisters boyfriends best friend type of mumbo jumbo Bulls---..actually go out and hire someone that not only has been trained in their field but has years of experience in that field. Actually go out and find industries that are willing to come here and plant some roots so we can bring in new people. Provide better jobs for the whole county so people don't have to drive an hr to work invest in a middle school or let Tracy and monteagle combine a high school. Hire proven coaches who have won state championships in all sports who cares if it costs an extra 10k a year to get them here. Y'all b--ch wine moan and complain about having losing seasons and kids transferring but yet not one time have y'all asked the board to reach out and hire someone with experience y'all are the same ones that was on the Bryant kool aid and the Tate kool aid and now y'all are the ones stabbing them in the back. Wake up and grow up kids are going to keep transferring and moving out of county as long as this rodeo keeps going on..

No wonder Grundy is lost in the 19th century still..its bigots like you that have tarnished this county..Atleast i have looked outside the box in ways or ideas to better our children's lives instead of caring about big 8 ball..to behonest Tate ain't a bad coach he has young kids he is a young coach himself there will be growing pains.. Until this county can come together and accept CHANGE always expect mediocre in everything because that's all it's gonna be..change can be in a lot of things but right now this county is so a-- backwards in its way of thinking that I don't think it can or ever will change..yes we got new board members but that means jack diddly squat if their stuck in the mindset that y'all are all in..what this county needs is thorough cleaning from county mayor on down get rid of everybody and hire true professionals that actually know what they are doing not your cousins sisters boyfriends best friend type of mumbo jumbo Bulls---..actually go out and hire someone that not only has been trained in their field but has years of experience in that field. Actually go out and find industries that are willing to come here and plant some roots so we can bring in new people. Provide better jobs for the whole county so people don't have to drive an hr to work invest in a middle school or let Tracy and monteagle combine a high school. Hire proven coaches who have won state championships in all sports who cares if it costs an extra 10k a year to get them here. Y'all b--ch wine moan and complain about having losing seasons and kids transferring but yet not one time have y'all asked the board to reach out and hire someone with experience y'all are the same ones that was on the Bryant kool aid and the Tate kool aid and now y'all are the ones stabbing them in the back. Wake up and grow up kids are going to keep transferring and moving out of county as long as this rodeo keeps going on..

I actually agree with you jacket! Not everything but most of it.

Edited by Ibleedpurple97