Future of Grundy County

allblack

You have a lot of interest in Grundy County to be a "SP fan." You better watch out or they will categorize you like they do me because I talk about Marion County a lot. LMBO

I just work with these people, and since some of their kin folk play, i do have an interest. I'm a valley football fan, but I pull for SP the most because they do things the right way, and vic is a class act.

Knowing one of the Whitwell coaches really well...your word on the street is wrong you are hearing...you must live on a dead end street. Our Director of Schools and the AD have contacted Marion County--GC does not want to schedule MC. School board should make them play and if not MC should refuse to play GC in all little league, etc. Word also on the street is our school board is getting to the bottom of this & some lies on our end are being told. I talked with the mothers best friend. She is moving and her son is going with her even though Tate plans to move him in with him..that's a violation. The mother has gone to various schools to see where they are moving. I believe we should also be punished as well bc our player went to these schools. If I coached I would be upset with our student athlete going to these schools. What can MC schools do with our kid? He might can start at Whitwell. but he's not the caliber of SP or MC to start or get much playing.Tate is doing this to pick up weaker teams in 1a so his job can be saved. The thing is we will struggle with most A schools. The recruiting thing needs to be dropped. When you've got coaches from Whitwell and SP saying it's crazy Marion got punished--then we don't need to get excited about our kids wanting to leave and still bringing it up.

Oh me I just looked back and saw this. I should so hope this story holds no truth what so ever about our administration.

Edited by Ibleedpurple97

• 4 weeks later...

Tate needs to step down would be a great start for the kids future. If he stays I would have to see what the schedule is like to predict the amount of wins. He might get more than one. If he's back I know a lot of people that won't be watching football games at Grundy. This week will be interesting to see if the 1-3 that are supposed to move will. Time will tell.

If he steps down or the administration gets rid of him it will be very hard to find someone that will come into a program that's in as bad a shape as this one. Especially since all the kids that want a future in sports are wanting to go elsewhere. I have heard about the kids you are referring to and I'm not so sure they will leave. But regardless our sports programs here on this mountain are struggling and have for awhile now.