Future of Grundy County

allblack

I've talked to many Grundy supporters that are much older than me and they have been around a long time and they say this is the worst they ever seen our program. They may have been 100 people there Friday and most left after Sr night festivities. It would take a special person to save our beloved program and I'm not just talking wins or losses but also rallying the community again. In my opinion not many people liked Tate to begin with.

Edited by BrownBag

I've talked to many Grundy supporters that are much older than me and they have been around a long time and they say this is the worst they ever seen our program. They may have been 100 people there Friday and most left after Sr night festivities. It would take a special person to save our beloved program and I'm not just talking wins or losses but also rallying the community again. In my opinion not many people liked Tate to begin with.

Yes it is in bad shape. We had some support and was heading in right direction before the change. We at least had enough fans to fill the stands 3/4 full. Now it looks like baseball crowd scattered throughout the home side. It seems to me like it's more about the 15 coaches notthe 25 players like it should be

Tate needs to step down would be a great start for the kids future. If he stays I would have to see what the schedule is like to predict the amount of wins. He might get more than one. If he's back I know a lot of people that won't be watching football games at Grundy. This week will be interesting to see if the 1-3 that are supposed to move will. Time will tell.

Yes he does. Those people will be watching football at 2-8 Grundy or they will leave like the players and support another program. Not many teams that are weaker to schedule .we had 4 1a or 2a teams on schedule and won 0.

Your talented youngsters kept you in the game, your lack of preparation on special teams and fundamentals cost you the game. If a team has a fumble here and there, it's definitely the players fault... If a team fumbles 4-6 times every game it's a coaching thing.

I couldn't agree more. They have talent to win 5 or 6 games a year and be competitive, but it don't matter when a team is making mistakes that should be corrected by week 2

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see us making the playoffs. Last year we used excuse of being young--this year we were young---will we use it again and one more year? These kids plain and simple need a coach that can win. I want to see Grundy great again!

Well let's see the football is basically made up of sophomores if I'm correct. Next year will be better they have learned from making mistakes just like life.. Watch and see next year you will make the playoffs and who knows what will happen.

I honestly don't know how we don't make the playoffs now. Talent alone will win this team enough games to make the postseason. Most surely without dekalb now. I'm anxious to see who replace a couple of valley teams I hear we won't be playing anymore...

I'm hearing Grundy is not playing Marion county, South Pittsburgh, and Watertown next year.