Future of Grundy County

allblack

More $ for a quality coach is a terrific start!

Well it's certainly quite possible..instead of the county focusing on tourism dollars which fluctuates every year it could actually invest in having companies come to the county..I'll use Toyota as an example that would provide roughly 1,500 jobs maybe more let's say half of that work force would come from the county the other half off the mountain which means people are making more money in which to buy land which would also help the 30% of the county that's paying 19.9% on land tax. Toyota would also have to put money into the county that money could be used to better upgrade our roads schools teachers and coaches.. And since Toyota put up shop next thing ya know joe smuckatelly decides to set up shop hires 200 people half from the county half off the mountain all them folks off the mountain move to the county cause it's closer to work those kids enroll in school bam there's more talent right there..the more jobs we have to offer the more people will want to relocate and put money into the county that's economics 101. Next thing you know Pelham or Tracy has a population of 15,000 people or coalmont has a population of 10,000 people one county high school and probably 2 city schools..granted it would prolly take 15-20 years for all that to happen but ya got to be willing to take that leap at some point..

There is a reason the kids here doesn't want to play. If you go out and get embarrassed every time you suited up wouldn't you look for something else better to do than waste your time? Look at Marion and South Pittsburg, both have more kids dressed on the sidelines and both are smaller schools. Could it be because they are winning programs? I'm tired of hearing about the old GCHS field also and two high schools in this county. You might want to stop and think about what your wishing for there people. Think for a minute where the majority of your athletes are coming from. Your summer league baseball programs that are winning what town are they from? Your basketball teams within county are winning more from where? I say keep preaching then you will be in worse shape than we already are. Fact is people support winning teams, they don't support losing teams.

There is a reason the kids here doesn't want to play. If you go out and get embarrassed every time you suited up wouldn't you look for something else better to do than waste your time? Look at Marion and South Pittsburg, both have more kids dressed on the sidelines and both are smaller schools. Could it be because they are winning programs? I'm tired of hearing about the old GCHS field also and two high schools in this county. You might want to stop and think about what your wishing for there people. Think for a minute where the majority of your athletes are coming from. Your summer league baseball programs that are winning what town are they from? Your basketball teams within county are winning more from where? I say keep preaching then you will be in worse shape than we already are. Fact is people support winning team

s, they don't support losing teams.

You are 100% correct my friend. I really feel for those kids and the bad thing is I don't think it's getting better. 5 turn overs a game and foolish penalties when Grundy isn't good enough to win making those mistakes.

I have no dog in this fight. A good coach has to get the kids out of the hall way and onto the field. It can be done with the right coaching hire. Winning games puts ppl in the stands. New coach would also keep kids from transferring. Mc was 1 and 9 and had terrible crowds until the hiring of coach mac. I am not saying hire him but will take a coach like that to turn the program around

I'm at the Sequatchie and Dekalb game...a nice atmosphere here. The Sequatchie fan base is better than outstanding...makes me jealous bc GC kids deserve this. I've been reminiscing back to 2014 with a Seq fan & he was talking about GC having a packed house that night. Wish we could get back to these days. GC people are saying that Marion coaches don't want to play us. Here at the game a Marion legend is here...He said its us not wanting to play Marion. Why would Vic, Malone & Mathis not want to play us? Warrior hall of famer do you know?