Future of Grundy County

allblack

This is sad.

That's absolutley false the fund raiser is for the coach Pickett scholarship yes they went to the opposing team bleachers to offer raffle tickets on a big ol grill at the end of the year it goes to a good cause so I see no problem with them going to the opposing team and raising money for a good cause

I didn't see a problem with it either. What made it sad was having to go to the other side to generate donations since the crowd was sparse in the home side. There have been lower crowds here, at Whitwell, S Pitt, Jasper in past lean years but I have never seen a home crowd that low in this immediate area.

Edited by Indian

I didn't see a problem with it either. What made it sad was having to go to the other side to generate donations since the crowd was sparse in the home side.

I get what ur saying Indian it does suck that our home crowd is sparse but it'll always be that way we could be 7-0 right now or 10-0 and the crowd would still be sparse because people are more interested in riding the gulf gettin drunk and gettin high..that's what you get when u get a low income county full of people who live off the government all they wanna do is drink smoke crack ride in the gulf and make more babies that will end up the same way they are..reality sucks but it's the truth..instead of trying to bring in more industries the county would rather try and gain tourism dollars which is fine but that fluctuates year to year..what the county should really be trying to do is bring in some factories there's plenty of places to do it just to busy with small town politics

I get what ur saying Indian it does suck that our home crowd is sparse but it'll always be that way we could be 7-0 right now or 10-0 and the crowd would still be sparse because people are more interested in riding the gulf gettin drunk and gettin high..that's what you get when u get a low income county full of people who live off the government all they wanna do is drink smoke crack ride in the gulf and make more babies that will end up the same way they are..reality sucks but it's the truth..instead of trying to bring in more industries the county would rather try and gain tourism dollars which is fine but that fluctuates year to year..what the county should really be trying to do is bring in some factories there's plenty of places to do it just to busy with small town politics

There are really good people in Grundy and I for one am one of those and your post is the most childish thing I've read. After reading it and some of your other post I believe you are included in the post above. If our football program isn't bad enough already I join here and see you being an ---.Thank you Jackets86 for once again embarrassing our county. 

There are really good people in Grundy and I for one am one of those and your post is the most childish thing I've read. After reading it and some of your other post I believe you are included in the post above. If our football program isn't bad enough already I join here and see you being an ---.Thank you Jackets86 for once again embarrassing our county.

Buddy that's the truth not being an a-- just stating the facts were the second poorest county in the state with the fewest jobs to offer in the state..most people that live here travel anywhere between 30 mins-1hr to and from work. I didn't say all people are like that up here but there is a large portion of the county who would rather take government benefits and not work a day in their life and you know it to be true..it's not a surprise that our drug problem and jail is always full to capacity. Think about it if the county would focus more on bringing in industries instead of focusing on tourism dollars more people would be working less people would be on government assistance..can't help it if you can't see it but it's just the facts I didn't embarrass this county the count already embarrassed itself and it'll always be that way until people clean house from top to bottom and get rid of the small town politics and actually focus on bettering the county instead of filling each other's pockets..

Buddy that's the truth not being an a-- just stating the facts were the second poorest county in the state with the fewest jobs to offer in the state..most people that live here travel anywhere between 30 mins-1hr to and from work. I didn't say all people are like that up here but there is a large portion of the county who would rather take government benefits and not work a day in their life and you know it to be true..it's not a surprise that our drug problem and jail is always full to capacity. Think about it if the county would focus more on bringing in industries instead of focusing on tourism dollars more people would be working less people would be on government assistance..can't help it if you can't see it but it's just the facts I didn't embarrass this county the count already embarrassed itself and it'll always be that way until people clean house from top to bottom and get rid of the small town politics and actually focus on bettering the county instead of filling each other's pockets..

Just wish you'd think a little bit before you type. So you are wanting to go around the world twice to fix our football program instead of getting rid of him now. He wont win now or ever. Sounds like he is running away from playing quality teams as well.

Just wish you'd think a little bit before you type. So you are wanting to go around the world twice to fix our football program instead of getting rid of him now. He wont win now or ever. Sounds like he is running away from playing quality teams as well.

It just makes more sense to me to have to high schools Tracy could easily support its own high school yea the first 3-5 years would be rough but I have no doubt that it would be the dominate team in the county.. That being said people on this side of the county is tired of things bein ran how they are out there on that end of the county..the problem ain't gonna fix itself grundy is always gonna have this problem because people can't accept change in this county..expect mediocre teams with mediocre results and every 10 years expect a decent team to win 7-9 games and go to the second or 3rd round of the playoffs..Grundy doesn't have the talent to play 3A ball in all honesty it should be a 1A ball team and to do that it would need to have two high schools

Jackets is right. Only 30% of grundy county is paying land taxes. It's a very poor county and the kids just don't care about sports. Kids rather play Xbox and run the roads instead of working out and doing what it takes to be successful. Not all the kids, because they do have good kids who work hard in the classroom and the football field, but it's hard to stay competitive with 35 kids and 26 are freshmen and sophomores.

If Grundy drops every Marion school, and drop Dunlap, The football program won't have enough money to buy shoe laces. Casey is a good dude from what I hear, but he just ain't ready to be a head coach... Pick up some bad teams, and you'll go broke.. Not to mention the prolly wouldn't beat any of them anyway.... They need to schedule Baylor or McCallie and see if they can get paid to play them,!!!!!!! Facts are Facts...

Edited by allblack