Ooltewah vs White county

GOOSESDAD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family moved here to Sparta a couple of years ago from KY. We moved from a program that was 39-6 during my older son's four year career. To say it has been an adjustment is a huge understatement. I have always loved the interaction on message boards. On Bluegrassrivals in Kentucky I would talk as much smack talk as the next guy and probably more than a preacher should. When we moved here we came to school that has had one winning season in thirty years. We have three games left this season, DEM OWLS, Walker Valley and Cleveland. Most would think that if we could stay away from a running clock we would be doing good. So what will happen Friday...

1. I get to watch my sons play High School Football

2. I will see them give their very best even if they have not received the support and resources that the other teams we have played this year enjoy.

3. I will start the game with hope ( ever so slight) that with the right bounces that our athletes ( yes we have some) could some how shock the state!

4. I will cheer, yell, support, fuss at refs, take pictures, I will go crazy when my son makes a great block or my friend's son returns a punt for a touchdown. I will hope my sophomore gets in the game and does well.

5. I will cheer for all our Warriors including the 15-20 boys that have begun coming to our church this season.

I will see you under those Friday Night Lights PA!

No matter the outcome ....there is nowhere I would rather be. Go Warriors!

My family moved here to Sparta a couple of years ago from KY. We moved from a program that was 39-6 during my older son's four year career. To say it has been an adjustment is a huge understatement. I have always loved the interaction on message boards. On Bluegrassrivals in Kentucky I would talk as much smack talk as the next guy and probably more than a preacher should. When we moved here we came to school that has had one winning season in thirty years. We have three games left this season, DEM OWLS, Walker Valley and Cleveland. Most would think that if we could stay away from a running clock we would be doing good. So what will happen Friday...

2. I will see them give their very best even if they have not received the support and resources that the other teams we have played this year enjoy.

3. I will start the game with hope ( ever so slight) that with the right bounces that our athletes ( yes we have some) could some how shock the state!

4. I will cheer, yell, support, fuss at refs, take pictures, I will go crazy when my son makes a great block or my friend's son returns a punt for a touchdown. I will hope my sophomore gets in the game and does well.

5. I will cheer for all our Warriors including the 15-20 boys that have begun coming to our church this season.

Wow!  Great Post.  This is a man that has his priorities in order.  Preach on brother.

Best post on the T in quiet a while.

Been through lots of football seasons with my sons. Some great, some good, and some downright painful. But I will agree witb your thoughts here. Win or lose, there is nothing like seeing these boys that you love play their hearts out. You got the right mindset. Good luck Friday.