3A- Region 7: Liberty Tech (5-2) @ South Gibson (7-0)

NotNoahHouck

SGC was no doubt outmatched but nobody from West TN gonna beat Liberty if they take care off the ball. SGC will play with Milan and Dburg may not win but it should be a pair of good games .

You know, I thought sgc could take down Dburg before tonight...but they have no chance with that play calling...Fields will dominate both sides of the ball

SGC 7-4

Maybe next year

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SGC is getting introduced into the "big boy" part of their schedule....no more playing 0-7....1-6....2-5 teams for them....35-0 Liberty...this game looks like Liberty vs a middle school team...

I see that and completely understand that. When you see a team starting to win football games, you look at their schedule and see who they are winning against, it is the human nature. I, personally, even do that.

I think the problem with South Gibson is that they have a head coach that has probably already "peaked." It can't be the lack of talent they have, that's absurd. They had A. Reed, the Duncan kid that plays at Memphis, the Walden brothers, the running backs they have now, and I think some guy that plays at UTM, I believe. For a school that is in its 6th year I believe of full time varsity football, that's impressive. Great Support! Great School from what I hear. What else?

A coach that can't win but is a good guy, is a pretty good coach. But a coach that can win and be a good guy, is a great coach. And there are guys out there that can win and be a great role model to his students. Which one does SGC want? Just throwing that out there.

Jackson Christian and Trinity Christian both can be content by losing to South Gibson by like 5 points. The Hornets can't and shouldn't be content with beating JCS and TCA by 5 points. South Gibson has near 75 players on their football, TCA and JCS both have near 30. That's a huge difference in itself-alone.

I'm just saying that there are good quality football teams that have got to be looking for non-region opponents to play next year. Schools such as the following: Crockett County, Dyer County, Camden, Haywood, North Side, Liberty, Lexington, Adamsville, Hardin County, and probably Union City.

Again, since 2011, SGC has a .500 combine record in the regular, but no playoff wins. 

Edited by TennesseeVol

For some reason my account got locked and it took me a few days to get it situated. I really wanted to post my thoughts about this game before the game.

With that being said I honestly thought that SGC would play with tech for a while. I knew that we were out gunned and could not match them player for played but I honestly thought we would play with them.

I predicted the upset of the year SGC 28 tech 27.....

Well obviously I was very very wrong. I will eat my crow. We got out played and just simply had no answer for the balanced attack that tech showed.

I tip my hat to tech. They jumped out to an early lead and we never had a chance to recover. Tech has a ton of talent and wish them nothing but the best.

I guess I was looking with my orange tented glasses but tech has 5 kids that have Div. 1 offers to play football for them. SGC has zero.

SGC has several good players and most of them return for next season.... I think we have 14 juniors with starting roles.

Lastly I want to thank the tech players for being classy and not being jerks. I heard from several players that played in the game liberty never got nasty or became ####$%y on the field.

So my full plate of crow is served up and I will eat it up.

Go Hornets!!!

lets get this postseason talk started

RE home

SGC away

Covington away

Dyersburg home

Bolivar home

Milan away

Fayette Ware away

Liberty home

I could honestly see Liberty being the only region 7 team advance in these matchups...should region 7 get at least 3 of 4, sure...according to the rankings...but the actual matchups suggest otherwise

RE and SGC will be close, but sgc doesn't have the skill players

Bolivar supposedly runs a spread with a big time qb, so Milan would struggle

Covingtons speed if healthy will be too much for Dyersburg

that being said...bolivar did lose to a pretty sorry Melrose...bolivar has no D apparently...

Dyersburgs size could really be an issue for Covington up front

I could see these matchups going either way...crazy to think that...

lets get this postseason talk started

RE home

SGC away

Covington away

Dyersburg home

Bolivar home

Milan away

Fayette Ware away

Liberty home

I could honestly see Liberty being the only region 7 team advance in these matchups...should region 7 get at least 3 of 4, sure...according to the rankings...but the actual matchups suggest otherwise

RE and SGC will be close, but sgc doesn't have the skill players

Bolivar supposedly runs a spread with a big time qb, so Milan would struggle

Covingtons speed if healthy will be too much for Dyersburg

that being said...bolivar did lose to a pretty sorry Melrose...bolivar has no D apparently...

Dyersburgs size could really be an issue for Covington up front

I could see these matchups going either way...crazy to think that...

Milan can get the 2nd seed IF SG beats Dberg....not likely... AND Milan beats SG...likely....Milan wins the tie breaker due to Dberg's and SG's weak non-region schedules...but either way I think it's Milan and Liberty in the 3rd round....25-22 Liberty back in week 3 but that was a long time ago...

Milan can get the 2nd seed IF SG beats Dberg....not likely... AND Milan beats SG...likely....Milan wins the tie breaker due to Dberg's and SG's weak non-region schedules...but either way I think it's Milan and Liberty in the 3rd round....25-22 Liberty back in week 3 but that was a long time ago...

If Milan finishes 3rd in the district then they would play Liberty in the 2nd round.

Sgc will not beat the Trojans...maybe in the freshman game or something like that...I saw a lot of potential in dyersburg, they just don't tackle well...at all...sgc can't really match up with the athletes they're going to face the next few games

Sgc is building, man they have some nice facilities...just not ready to take down the big 3 yet

If Milan finishes 3rd in the district then they would play Liberty in the 2nd round.

Correct...the bolivar/Milan 1st round is very intriguing to me...should be a high scoring affair...Milan has faced better competition on the whole, so I would expect them to prevail...plus they wana prove they can beat Liberty before it's too late Edited by dhstennis