Wayne County @ Huntingdon

footballover

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep better more focused team won Fri night. We did have 3 bad calls, but that did not beat Mustangs. Have to match WC intensity & do small things right and make plays. 0-3 vs WC, so they have bragging rights for 12 more months unless Mustangs can refocus and get on a run in playoffs, would love to make it to round three for another shot this year. Rice nice job on both sides of ball.

Yep better more focused team won Fri night. We did have 3 bad calls, but that did not beat Mustangs. Have to match WC intensity & do small things right and make plays. 0-3 vs WC, so they have bragging rights for 12 more months unless Mustangs can refocus and get on a run in playoffs, would love to make it to round three for another shot this year. Rice nice job on both sides of ball.

I thought Huntingdn played with good intensity. I've brought it up before but I think yalls team is being held back with play calling. HHS is plenty good enough to run the same plays over and over against the rest of the teams in the region but not going to get far when facing top 5 or 6 teams in the state without mixing it up more. Another thing talked about was how the front 7 got pressure on Rice, well the front 5 was blocked and the other 2 or sometimes 3 were let through the line and just burnt on quick drop and shoot passes and screens. I think the biggest difference in these two teams is coaching. Good luck to y'all and like you said, maybe we all get a rematch down the road. Lots of fun to watch these two go at it. WC is 3-0 but still much respect for HHS program. Edited by wildcat89