Oakland at Riverdale (Rutherford Counties oldest rivalry)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree partially with this... it was closer, but not "much". However the outcome was never in doubt.

I agree it was never in doubt, but there were several key penalties that make it look quite different and those are hard to overcome against quality opponents.

Edited by eers

Don't be bothered by Eers, unless you're talking about Beech winning state, he insists on being skeptical of every other teams success.

You're an idiot. I was at the game and it was closer than 35-7. That's all I said. You're still mad that I said Mt Juliet was overrated. They're obliviously better than I assumed, but j still believe they're much more inferior than you believe.

Oakland, however, is legitimate. They just need to play a little more disciplined and not play down and into the opponents frustration.

You're an idiot. I was at the game and it was closer than 35-7. That's all I said. You're still mad that I said Mt Juliet was overrated. They're obliviously better than I assumed, but j still believe they're much more inferior than you believe.

Oakland, however, is legitimate. They just need to play a little more disciplined and not play down and into the opponents frustration.

So if we beat Franklin... Then what? You're still skeptical? At that point a fitting term would be delusional.

So if we beat Franklin... Then what? You're still skeptical? At that point a fitting term would be delusional.

This is where it gets interesting... I believe just like last year MJ, WC or Franklin make a deep run, by virtue of the Super 32 being a very bad idea. I also think they benefit by playing a weaker region. They're not bad, I just don't believe they're as good as some would like to believe, yet they're better than I thought.

I just find it interesting that you take that as me being anti-MJ. I have no reason the be anti-MJ. Actually, I would lean a little the other way. I'm not a MJ fan, but like to see them do well. Win or lose I walk away feeling the same, unaffected. I have just stayed opinions of the team that you disagree with and that makes me a hater. Anyway, good luck Friday. Should be a good game.

Oakland/Riverdale fans, sorry to hijack your thread.

Oakland is very disciplined and a low penalized team. This is the top rivalry in the mid-state and emotions sometimes gets the best of 14-18yo boys/men. 

Riverdale played one of their best games of the year. They did not back down, but did not have the horses to compete. You might say it was closer than the score, but conversely I can say it was one lucky pass play from being a shutout. 

This is where it gets interesting... I believe just like last year MJ, WC or Franklin make a deep run, by virtue of the Super 32 being a very bad idea. I also think they benefit by playing a weaker region. They're not bad, I just don't believe they're as good as some would like to believe, yet they're better than I thought.

I just find it interesting that you take that as me being anti-MJ. I have no reason the be anti-MJ. Actually, I would lean a little the other way. I'm not a MJ fan, but like to see them do well. Win or lose I walk away feeling the same, unaffected. I have just stayed opinions of the team that you disagree with and that makes me a hater. Anyway, good luck Friday. Should be a good game.

Oakland/Riverdale fans, sorry to hijack your thread.

I agree with you somewhat. I think that in Super 32 there is

Oakland/Maryville

Whitehaven

Franklin/MJ

I jut think that whoever comes out of that region 3 will be a good, solid, team. But no world-beaters. I think everyone is similar to the past few years but benefiting from Ravenwood falling off.

I've seen Oakland and Maryville twice, Independence and Whitehaven once and Wilson Central once along with Franklin. Oakland is a point in the season where they are already building for next year with many seconds playing much of the game. Riverdale was the only team to keep them out of the running clock all year and that had much to do with their game plan in the first half. Oakland has only given up 27 points all year in one of the toughest regions in the country. None of the teams I have seen so far this year including Maryville will be able to beat them this year. They have way too much talent on both sides of the ball.

I've seen Oakland and Maryville twice, Independence and Whitehaven once and Wilson Central once along with Franklin. Oakland is a point in the season where they are already building for next year with many seconds playing much of the game. Riverdale was the only team to keep them out of the running clock all year and that had much to do with their game plan in the first half. Oakland has only given up 27 points all year in one of the toughest regions in the country. None of the teams I have seen so far this year including Maryville will be able to beat them this year. They have way too much talent on both sides of the ball.

You might be right, We might not be able to compete with Oakland. Maryville is building for the next several years with all freshmen that's been playing. Edited by rebelwoman87