Henry County vs. Brentwood

HCBigRed

That's ONe OTHER TEAM. Name another 6A team that's head and shoulders better than the rest of 5A. I'll wait. And last year, the team who won the 6A state title, lost only one game all year. To who you ask? The 5A state champion Independence. Best public school team last year in all of 1-6 last year was Independence and they left zero doubt.

So...what are you trying to say?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Centennial, not Indy, was the only team to beat 6A champ Ravenwood last year. However, I have no doubt Indy would have beaten either Ravenwood or Maryville had they been 6A.

If you are saying that Independence was the best team last year due to having beat the eventual 6A state champion during the season, then I declare the St. Louis Cardinals the winner of the National League pennant this year.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I'm saying 5a is much better with the super 32 because Indy, Centennial, Brentwood are now 5a. Before the super 32, 5a wasn't that great in my opinion. By the way, Ravenwood lost to Centennial not Indy. Indy was the best team in the entire state last year. 

5A has been better with the big 32, but I'm not sure how much. Last year's Indy team was one of the best teams this state has produced regardless of classification the last 7-8 years. 

Beyond that, you're just grasping at straws in an attempt to prove a meaningless point. 

The fact of the matter is, Henry County just hasn't been all that good the last couple of years. That's all there is to say. 

If you are saying that Independence was the best team last year due to having beat the eventual 6A state champion during the season, then I declare the St. Louis Cardinals the winner of the National League pennant this year.

I don't put as much into what you think as you clearly put into caring about my opinion. Are you going to put any Henry County facts up this week pertaining to playing Centennial? I'll only toss in one fact. They're better than Brentwood this year.

I don't put as much into what you think as you clearly put into caring about my opinion. Are you going to put any Henry County facts up this week pertaining to playing Centennial? I'll only toss in one fact. They're better than Brentwood this year.

Let it be known that I do not believe Henry County is nearly as bad as they showed at Brentwood. 

But that is the very thing that concerns me. The fact that they appeared as though they are. I don't know if it is a coaching issue or if this year's team simply lacks heart and leadership, but I'm not going to attempt to put lipstick on it. I'm not a cheerleader and it is what it is. HC was flat out awful Friday night, and there is no excuse for it. The minute we start making excuses for it is the minute this program starts heading towards the dirt.

That's all I will speak on this topic. On to Centennial.   

Speaking as a parent of a player and a friend to other kids parents that play.. the coaches and players work, put in time and give up a lot to represent HC. They have heart, great leadership and Patriot Pride!!! There is no perfect team or coach..but a perfect opportunity for you to encourage the program whether they lose or win!!!!!

Edited by rakaya

5A has been better with the big 32, but I'm not sure how much. Last year's Indy team was one of the best teams this state has produced regardless of classification the last 7-8 years.

Beyond that, you're just grasping at straws in an attempt to prove a meaningless point.

The fact of the matter is, Henry County just hasn't been all that good the last couple of years. That's all there is to say.

Gonna have to disagree slightly. You'll see the super 32 difference next year. We haven't won a state championship in a few years, but we've been fine. It's a testament to the coaches that even as our talent pool has seemed to shrink a little from 2008-2013 era, we're still looking at a district championship opportunity next Friday. We knew this team was young, we knew there would be bumps. I just don't get the grave concern, which I guess seems to make me part of the minority. Usually I'm in lockstep with you, MSU, but I just don't see what's happening right now as that worrisome. There's plenty of county schools around the state that struggle with keeping talent in the cupboard and would kill to be in the position HC is in. Edited by RedSwarm

I care about your opinion only deeply enough to get under your skin a little.  Good luck this Friday.

A few thoughts about the Brentwood game then I suggest that we put this game behind us and move on to the Centennial  game.. Did anyone notice that we started the game without our noseguard who turned up lame at gametime. As a result we started with a defensive front of two sophomores and a freshman! Two sophs have started  on our offensive line all year alongside three juniors. An old adage says that for every sophomore you start,you can count on a loss That possibly could apply here.These kids are very good,no doubt, but age, strength and experience are yet to come. We have played all year with partially lamed running backs(look at their yardage totals compared to last year) and when one went down before halftime, our offensive options were seriously restricted. To their credit, Brentwood made the necessary adjustments to stop our remaining offense and shut us down in the second half.Make no mistake about it, Brentwood  is a pretty good team at their best but have been somewhat  up and down all year They lost to a reputedly great Independence team 20-21 (no one else has been anywhere near as close) and beat the brakes off defending 6A champs Ravenwood 41-10.then lost to Rossview at home.. They beat us soundly with one of their good performances on an inspired senior night in a game with important playoff implications.Although I am a pessimist by nature,I disagree with the naysayers on here about HC's future. I think it is very bright. To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."Despite all of  this, we are playing for the championship of 7AAAAA Friday night at Patriot Stadium!!!

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil