Arby's Classic Games Scheduled......

Surf4life

Was just reading that coaches drew their first opponent for the Arby's Classic on Dec.26. Here are a few games that I noticed that looked to be good. Dobyns-Bennett will play Maryville. Science Hill will play Tabernacle Baptist, Freeport, Bahamas. Daniel Boone will play Marietta,Ga Wheeler. Elizabethton will play Chattanooga Brainerd.

Those were just a couple of the opening-round games that look really good. First off, that D-B/Maryville match-up will be awesome! I cannot wait to see that game. D-B is a powerful team this year, and Maryville is lead by Lee Humphrey. Science Hill/Tabernacle Baptist will be another good one between these schools. The guys on these teams have become good friends and both teams are very athletic and play hard. Daniel Boone/Wheeler.....well I just say this one will be interesting because of how talented Wheeler is. They have at least 3 Div. 1 prospects on their team. Wheeler will probably kill Boone and probably win the Arby's Classic this year but they will most likely be the best team at the Arby's Classic this year and that's saying a lot because there are once again a lot of talented teams playing. Elizabethton/Brained will be another good game. Both teams are very talented.

Noticed that the Arby's Classic is full of talent again.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about it at Johnson City Press website. The Arby's Classic begins on 12/26/02. D-B looks like a very good team this year. They have plenty of experience and talent. The Indians will be an extrememly tough opponent. I think it's been a long time since we've seen a D-B team that was this good.

Teams at the Arby's Classic will be:

Science Hill-Johnson City,TN

Dobyns-Bennett-Kingsport,TN

Sullivan East-Bluff City,TN

Gate City-Gate City,VA

Maryville-Maryville,TN

Chattanooga Brainerd-Chattanooga,TN

Marietta Wheeler-Marietta,GA

Daniel Boone-Gray,TN

Urspring-Urspring,Germany

Bartlett-Anchorage,Alaska

Elizabethton-Elizabethton,TN

William Boone-Orlando,FL

Mansfield-Mansfield,OH

North Hardin-Redcliff,KY

Rimini,Italy

Honaker-Honaker,VA

Tennessee High-Bristol,TN

Game times for first 2 days of action

Dec.26

1pm-Gate City vs. Urspring,Germany

2:30pm-Sullivan East vs. Rimini,Italy

4pm-D-B vs. Maryville

5:30pm-Science Hill vs. Tabernacle Baptist

7pm-Elizabethton vs. Chattanooga Brainerd

8:30pm-Daniel Boone vs. Wheeler,GA

Dec.27

4pm-Gate City/Urspring winner vs. Bartlett,Alaska

5:30pm-Honaker,VA vs. William Boone,FL

7pm-Tennessee High vs. North Hardin,KY

8:30PM-Sullivan East/Rimini winner vs. Mansfield,OH

I have a question about the Arbys. Could you please tell me why Unaka wasn't invited back this year. I'm pretty sure they won 2 cames and played on the final day. Could it be that the only reason they played last year was to showcase Aaron Dugger? Or was it because you thought the team might be down this year? Or maybe a little of both. Don't misunderstand me, Aaron was a good player and a great kid, but I think the team deserved to be asked back this year. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? And no sarcasm about Unaka pleeeeese!!!!

Unaka should have been invited back this year because they were a fan favorite at last year's tournament. They defeated Gate City and Tabernacle Baptist from the Bahamas last year and the fans support was very large. Put on their resume a state tournament appearance last season and they were very worthy this season for an invite. I like to see Science Hill and Kingsport DB, in the tourney but East, Boone, etc gets old every year. Just see if Elizabethton gets invited back next season. They lose 4 starters. I am glad Unaka got the opportunity to play last season. They are one of few Class A schools to have played in the tourney and Aaron played really well but so did our other players. Looking ahead they may get invited back next season with only one senior on this years team. This team could be one of the best in the area next season. Unaka plays in a very good Hampton Christmas tourney this year with some good teams. Hancock County, Johnson Co. and the South Carolina team can compete with any of the teams at the Arby's. Toss in a very good Cloudland team and the Hampton Bulldogs who are always tough at home and you have a great tournament in the making. Throw in a trip to the Bahamas for the Unaka basketball in late November and I don't think any of the boys mind missing the Arby's this season.

[Edited by coachtdog on 11-18-02 2:53P]