Milan vs Medina (South Gibson)

thedawg44

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper Milan should win.....But this is the biggest rivalry for both schools and you gotta love this week!!!  SGC has nothing to lose and will try some crazy! On paper Milan should win but we have a history of giving the dawgs a close game. We shall wait and see. I hope SGC can pull some magic out of the hat and get a HUGE win this Friday. Upset of the year. I have ate my crow the last 2 weeks and its starting to taste pretty good.  SGC pulls a shocker!

SGC 21

Dawgs 20

Edited by stevenrich2003

On paper Milan should win.....But this is the biggest rivalry for both schools and you gotta love this week!!!  SGC has nothing to lose and will try some crazy! On paper Milan should win but we have a history of giving the dawgs a close game. We shall wait and see. I hope SGC can pull some magic out of the hat and get a HUGE win this Friday. Upset of the year. I have ate my crow the last 2 weeks and its starting to taste pretty good.  SGC pulls a shocker!

SGC 21

Dawgs 20

don't think that will happen Steven...SG was 7-0 versus teams that had a combined record (at that time) of 8-40...and they had some close games against them...they've played 2 of the 3 "big boys" and lost by a combined 70-7....Milan by 4 td's or I'll buy you a corn dog at Sonic...but only on 50 cent night...lol....and with Milan-SGC being such an intense "instant rivalry"...why are there only 2 pages on this topic?...let's talk some trash Milan-SGC fans...but leave our mothers out of it...lol....

Edited by cofo

don't think that will happen Steven...SG was 7-0 versus teams that had a combined record (at that time) of 8-40...and they had some close games against them...they've played 2 of the 3 "big boys" and lost by a combined 70-7....Milan by 4 td's or I'll buy you a corn dog at Sonic...but only on 50 cent night...lol....and with Milan-SGC being such an intense "instant rivalry"...why are there only 2 pages on this topic?...let's talk some trash Milan-SGC fans...but leave our mothers out of it...lol....

Great post!

This really is a great rivalry. I guess for SGC Milan is the big dog on the block and most people that live around here know or work with people from Milan so that adds to it.

I agree SGC did not have a tuff schedule for the first 7 games. Like I said in my original post on paper milan should win big. They have a ton of horses in the stable and its going to be hard to trip them up. BUT this is a rivalry... I believe SGC will pull out anything and everything they have to score some points and hopefully we can force Milan into about 9 turnovers or maybe 10!!!

I dont get into the smack talk side of it unless I know you and know you well. I take things to personal so I dont even participate in it.

I do honestly believe that Milan has the best shot to beat Liberty in the playoffs so I wish yall nothing but the best except for this Friday. I hope half the players on the team get a raging case of the squirts and maybe fungus of the knee and slows em down for the game!

Good clean rivalries are good for both towns!!! It brings a lot of press, butts in seats. ( unless its at Milan and Flipper will not allow the media to broadcast the game because he doesn't want it to " negatively affect his gate ". Also its good for the kids because they will talk about these games for the rest of their lives.

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!

Great post!

This really is a great rivalry. I guess for SGC Milan is the big dog on the block and most people that live around here know or work with people from Milan so that adds to it.

I agree SGC did not have a tuff schedule for the first 7 games. Like I said in my original post on paper milan should win big. They have a ton of horses in the stable and its going to be hard to trip them up. BUT this is a rivalry... I believe SGC will pull out anything and everything they have to score some points and hopefully we can force Milan into about 9 turnovers or maybe 10!!!

I dont get into the smack talk side of it unless I know you and know you well. I take things to personal so I dont even participate in it.

I do honestly believe that Milan has the best shot to beat Liberty in the playoffs so I wish yall nothing but the best except for this Friday. I hope half the players on the team get a raging case of the squirts and maybe fungus of the knee and slows em down for the game!

Good clean rivalries are good for both towns!!! It brings a lot of press, butts in seats. ( unless its at Milan and Flipper will not allow the media to broadcast the game because he doesn't want it to " negatively affect his gate ". Also its good for the kids because they will talk about these games for the rest of their lives.

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!

Good post! However, in the last paragraph, do you blame Flipper? It gets the people to come to Milan and spend $5-$7 dollars at that gate and not just sent at home and watch it online.

Good post! However, in the last paragraph, do you blame Flipper? It gets the people to come to Milan and spend $5-$7 dollars at that gate and not just sent at home and watch it online.

Man we have tons and tons of data that proves what we do has zero affect on the gate.... The last game of the year it was standing room only at the game. Perhaps Milan should bring some bleachers with y'all for this Fridays night. We have more viewers after the game than we do during the the game. Also Milan is the ONLY school that has ever stopped us from broadcasting a game ( not just SGCHS but USJ, TCA, Crockett, Chester , Haywood). So yes I do put it on Flipper. Hopefully he doesn't track my movements after this post. I don't really care for the guy if you wanna know the truth. Milan is a proud school system and has a TON of stuff to be proud of to let a guy like Flipper be the main representative of your high school.

Edited by stevenrich2003

Great post!

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't you want Liberty to win? If Milan wins all we will hear is how many semi finals they've reached in however many years...if Liberty wins, it's just "well they were suppose to be there"

That's just 1 more thing for Milan fans to hold over Medina

Also, With the above post being said I want to say that I tip my hat to the bulldog nation. The town really gets behind the players and the teams. I think this is great and they have shown Medina what it takes to be a successful program. I'm not pulling for Milan obviously but I do respect what Milan has done as a town to get behind its football team. They are committed to winning from the top down and that is what it take to be successful in the most competitive sport in high school sports. Not to mention I have been accused of having a man crush on your football coach. That's really not true but I love the way he coaches his kids and plays to there abilities.

Edited by stevenrich2003

Why wouldn't you want Liberty to win? If Milan wins all we will hear is how many semi finals they've reached in however many years...if Liberty wins, it's just "well they were suppose to be there"

That's just 1 more thing for Milan fans to hold over Medina

Its real simple. Because I am a homer. If my hornets cant win it I want a local team from Gibson county to win it.

I went to the Trenton - Union City game last year to cheer and pull for the team from Gibson county because I am a Homer. I don't get it bent out of shape. If my Hornets cant win it I'm pulling for the closest team to home for me to go all of the way.