9-0 Forrest @ 7-2 Jackson County

BobEarle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoreboard say JC wins 20-14. Any comments from preople at the game.

JC dominated 1st half. Actually could of been up by more if not for interception at the goal line. Forrest owned the 3rd qtr. JC got big Td early in 4th. Really bad clock management by Forrest late in game. They kept taking forever to run a play and tried 1st pass attempt of second half with little over a minute to go and it was intercepted. Forrest was not as good as advertised. JC played really hard and thought Loftis out coached Forrest head coach.

Let's be honest. Jackson could have one of the easiest schedules in the state. The combined record of the teams they have beaten is 16-47 and none of those teams have a winning record. They will more than likely get Meigs in first round and get hammered. Forrest will have no problem in this one.

Not so fast my friend.....

JC dominated 1st half. Actually could of been up by more if not for interception at the goal line. Forrest owned the 3rd qtr. JC got big Td early in 4th. Really bad clock management by Forrest late in game. They kept taking forever to run a play and tried 1st pass attempt of second half with little over a minute to go and it was intercepted. Forrest was not as good as advertised. JC played really hard and thought Loftis out coached Forrest head coach.

Agreed Loftis was clearly the best coach on the field.

Forrest played the worst game I've seen them play all year.At all aspects of the game. They showed up in the 3rd with what I've seen all yr but that was it. Had a drive going in the 4th for the win but a JC interception ended that. I was worried about them overlooking Jackson county all week. Jackson county came out and got the job done. Congrats to them. #2 is a ball player. He can sling that ball. Hopefully this lit a fire under the boys and they get it done the next game. They would love to meet back up with JC again.

Forrest played the worst game I've seen them play all year.At all aspects of the game. They showed up in the 3rd with what I've seen all yr but that was it. Had a drive going in the 4th for the win but a JC interception ended that. I was worried about them overlooking Jackson county all week. Jackson county came out and got the job done. Congrats to them. #2 is a ball player. He can sling that ball. Hopefully this lit a fire under the boys and they get it done the next game. They would love to meet back up with JC again.

I have a strange feeling that Forrest wont play Jackson County again till next year.....maybe i am wrong.

I'd like to start by thanking Watertown for defeating Westmoreland, which saved me from the unenviable task of consuming a live possum on Coach T via Skype. I owe you one Purple Tigers. 

Lots of driving...for those of you who don't know I care for an elderly relative in Elizabethton. Somehow convinced a friend to make the trip with me. We stayed in Cookeville and drove back to Carter Co Sat am. 

- Congrats to JC. They came out prepared and did some things that seemed to catch Forrest off guard especially with their offense. 

- Forrest O line got whipped. They are younger and have perhaps overachieved until Fri. JC was in the backfield all night. 

- #6 did not play and I am not sure why. I hope he is not injured. They could have used him. I'm not blaming his absence for the loss BTW. 

- JC did not dominate the entire first half. The first quarter was a stalemate. JC dominated the 2nd Q and Forrest dominated the 3rd Q even more.  

- The difference was JC's QB. He was quick as a cat and his run on what was I believe a third and long  at the start of the 4th Q won the game for JC. Forrest had a 4th and short and elected to punt mid 4th. It's too easy to second guess coaches from the stands. They did what they felt was right at the time.

- Forrest still had their chances. Used a timeout to begin their final drive that they probably could have used as the last couple of minutes were unwinding. Instead they took a shot at the endzone and it was picked off. It looked similar to the play that #7 hit #8 with that set them up in the Page game to go up 21-7. The JC kid made a play.

- Someone made a melodramatic deal over the coaching. As far as I'm concerned Forrest looked like they made great adjustments in the second half. JC did virtually nothing minus the one long run by the QB. JC's kids only needed to make a couple of plays to pull this one out, and they did that. Coach Johns has repeated as Region Champ after losing a Mr Football last year and an outstanding Class of 2016. In my view the Class of 2017 has been equally excellent, and this year has been a huge success win or lose this Friday. 

- There was one stretch where a penalty was called every play for 7-8 plays. Other than that refs were fine.

Summary- sometimes it's not your night. I was proud of the Rockets for their 3rd Q emotion and comeback. JC deserved the victory, they played to win and I tip my cap.

The parking lot resembled the Chocolate Hills in the Philippines, but other than that nice folks. 

I have no knowledge of Meigs, but they will have a very tough out in JC.