Gerry Bertier's Annual 3A Pick em Contest

Gerry Bertier

It would've been nice if Knox Catholic went DII, those are some of the best teams in the state in AAA. Do you think CPA will eventually move up once they get used to competing in DII?

I don't believe it's in CPA's mission to consistently play at that level. Right now we definitely don't have the financial aid budget to attract the talent seen on the top tier of teams. I think if TSSAA wanted to split the teams fairly amongst three divisions they should have done it in regards to said budget. But in the end, BA and Ensworth did the right thing by playing up.

I love HS football, but I struggle now sending two kids to CPA, so I would not be keen on paying 40% more to try to be the next AAA powerhouse. It would be cool, but sometimes you just have to be satisfied with what you have.

Edited by bcd

what makes yall think CPA could play up.....they ant even got there dose of D2-AA yet...u mite as well be askin CAK the same thing....they playd A/AA twice too, and faired better...whey whey too much credit

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

The amount of athletes flooding that area is incredible. The only thing keeping one of the schools in that area from completely dominating is the fact that there is so many. Imagine if cpa had the players from Ensworth and ncs. They would mercy rule everyone. Hockaday, Bituli and omer on one team would be unreal.

what makes yall think CPA could play up.....they ant even got there dose of D2-AA yet...u mite as well be askin CAK the same thing....they playd A/AA twice too, and faired better...whey whey too much credit

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Booger! I said I didn't think we would. MBA, BA, and Ensworth are different animals. We might be able to play with one of them every blue moon, but that's it. BTW, I predict a blue moon in 2019 :)

The amount of athletes flooding that area is incredible. The only thing keeping one of the schools in that area from completely dominating is the fact that there is so many. Imagine if cpa had the players from Ensworth and ncs. They would mercy rule everyone. Hockaday, Bituli and omer on one team would be unreal.

If you liked Jay (I loved him) you need to pay attention to sophomore #4. LB / RB that has the potential to be great.

I think Omer will get carries for the Vols in a couple of years. Nothing against Zach, but I thought he was Mr. Football.

Edited by bcd

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

I was simply asking if he thought that CPA would eventually move up once they got used to playing against strictly private schools.  I would like to see them, CAK, Notre Dame, Knox Catholic eventually in the same classification because I think that private school's of that caliber could all follow the practices of the Brentwood Academy's, MBAs, and Ensworths of the world eventually and even the playing field.  Just trying to get a feel from the fan bases about what the long term ambitions of this private school movement might be from the new members.