Franklin County Coach

Bearfire

Word from the players is that Smith told them after the Tullahoma game (week 2), if he didn't win 5 games he would be let go. He just finished his second year.

I truly hope that isn't the case for a number of reasons. 1) winning is important, but how he moulding these young men should be the focus 2) The kids should never be told that information, as that is not the kind of pressure, or blame you put on a kids shoulders. 3) 2 years is simply not enough time to rebuild a program, change the identity of a team and implement the values in which you practice ,train and play by. 

Agree it's not something the kids should be told. But those rumors were already out there and I think he was just wanting to put it out there so the kids could focus on playing. We'll know on Monday, I guess. Agree two years is not enough, but that tends to be the norm around here.

I think should I of been in that position I would have asked every player to focus on every play, not every game. You drill down on execution at a personal level. I f we have 11 player winning their  battle every play ... then we are going to win games. I guess the question should be put out there for the parents, players and fans and administration ...do you want a successful season or a successful program? Two entirely different things. 

I think should I of been in that position I would have asked every player to focus on every play, not every game. You drill down on execution at a personal level. I f we have 11 player winning their  battle every play ... then we are going to win games. I guess the question should be put out there for the parents, players and fans and administration ...do you want a successful season or a successful program? Two entirely different things. 

I agree 100% with this.  But, changing culture, minds, etc. can talk a whole year to do just that.  Then you have to work in the strength and conditioning aspect which takes time.  

But, fans in the stands do not always understand the sacrifice it takes to be a consistently winning program from coaches, players, parents, and the community.

I would like to take a minute and talk about our objectives from a football program standpoint.  The name of the game is to try and win as many games as you want to but the bigger picture is to help student athletes become better men, husbands, fathers and successful as  they graduate from high school and move on into adult life.  It is hard to disprove what someone with a computer and a agenda can type and hide behind a screen name says but  I can say that since i have been there everyday with our kids we would never give our kids a certain number of wins to keep my job or to play for me or any other or our coaches.  Our players play for our team, our community and our county which has a proud tradition of football  Our kids are being taught to win, fight and compete with class every day.

There is nothing to gain for me being on here except that i do not hid behind a screen name, i am scott smith.

As for the future of rebel football we will begin cleaning up our field house and storing away equipment after cleaning up and inventorying it.  We will begin our off season weight program tomorrow, since all but two players have weight lifting during the day, and start finalizing our next 2 year schedule and begin preparation for our new region opponents.  We will focus on getting our senior players that want to play college football a place to play next year.  In other words it will be business as usual. 

I would like to take a minute and talk about our objectives from a football program standpoint. The name of the game is to try and win as many games as you want to but the bigger picture is to help student athletes become better men, husbands, fathers and successful as they graduate from high school and move on into adult life. It is hard to disprove what someone with a computer and a agenda can type and hide behind a screen name says but I can say that since i have been there everyday with our kids we would never give our kids a certain number of wins to keep my job or to play for me or any other or our coaches. Our players play for our team, our community and our county which has a proud tradition of football Our kids are being taught to win, fight and compete with class every day.

There is nothing to gain for me being on here except that i do not hid behind a screen name, i am scott smith.

As for the future of rebel football we will begin cleaning up our field house and storing away equipment after cleaning up and inventorying it. We will begin our off season weight program tomorrow, since all but two players have weight lifting during the day, and start finalizing our next 2 year schedule and begin preparation for our new region opponents. We will focus on getting our senior players that want to play college football a place to play next year. In other words it will be business as usual.

Great post coach. Good luck in the future.

Good to here from you coach Smith. Sorry if I offended you, but I tend to get fed up listening to parents, uncles/aunts etc... complain about the coaching. Ive been watching FC football for 20 years and this is the 1st time in a long time that I've seen the kids play hard from the start of the season to the finish. As far as what I've heard, all has been from the kids themselves or their parents. And the way we go through coaches nothing surprises me anymore. I would like to think you would get more time and hope your record this year is not an indication of any ultimatums handed down.

I would like to take a minute and talk about our objectives from a football program standpoint. The name of the game is to try and win as many games as you want to but the bigger picture is to help student athletes become better men, husbands, fathers and successful as they graduate from high school and move on into adult life. It is hard to disprove what someone with a computer and a agenda can type and hide behind a screen name says but I can say that since i have been there everyday with our kids we would never give our kids a certain number of wins to keep my job or to play for me or any other or our coaches. Our players play for our team, our community and our county which has a proud tradition of football Our kids are being taught to win, fight and compete with class every day.

As for the future of rebel football we will begin cleaning up our field house and storing away equipment after cleaning up and inventorying it. We will begin our off season weight program tomorrow, since all but two players have weight lifting during the day, and start finalizing our next 2 year schedule and begin preparation for our new region opponents. We will focus on getting our senior players that want to play college football a place to play next year. In other words it will be business as usual.