Mount Juliet hosts Bartlett

MJGOLDENBEARS

In the first round of the TSSAA playoffs Mount Juliet will Host Bartlett. I don't know anything about Bartlett, maybe some of the Memphis faithful can fill me in. As far as MJ goes they are fresh off a win securing the region 3-6A title. MJ has a 7 game win streak they are bringing into the playoffs, after early losses to Cane Ridge (10-0) and Ravenwood, MJ has never let its foot off the gas, it took some hard work along the way beating Wilson Central(8-2) and Franklin (8-2) in overtime. Mount Juliet has average over 40 points a game during this win streak and have averaged 35 on the season while only giving 15. Other solid wins were over Gallatin (6-4) and Overton(7-3). It will be hard for opposing defenses to stop our Oline, with two d1 prospects, and a Future Mr football finalist. One is listed at 6'5 and the other 6'7. Should be an interesting game.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got a pretty good summary of Mt. Juliet above. Let me give you a summary of Bartlett.

They went 3-7.

They beat B.T Washington 56-0. Big win. A 1A team that went 1-8.

They beat Oakhaven 42-6. Big win. A 2A team that went 4-5.

They beat Sheffield 47-12. Big win. A 3A team that went 0-10.

They went 0-7 against 6A teams. They gave up 14, 48, 48, 53, 55, 57 and 58 points in those games.

Against the top 3 teams in their region (Whitehaven, Cordova and White Station) they lost by a combined 160-7.

Mt. Juliet 48

Barlett 7

Edited by steelcityroller

I feel strongly going into these playoffs that the Bears can control the line of scrimmage through the first 3 rounds. This team is clearly battle tested going into the post season. The irresistible force that is the MJ Oline will pave the way for Earls, Raines and company. In latter weeks the Bears have developed a potent passing attack which has been stated that they don't have. Who said that the Bears wanted to tip their hand in the regular season on this? There isn't alot of film on it going into the playoffs... By design maybe? Don't kid yourself these guys are grinders. Nasty! Will beat you into submission for 4 quarters. They will pass when they are good and ready! With all that said lets not forget the defense. They have stood tall all season. Bending not breaking. They will need their best of efforts in the weeks to come to be special. The table is set for something special at MJ.