THE REMATCH HUNTINGDON @ NCS

footballover

I've seen a lot of posts so far about stopping 11, how to tell which way he's going to run, playing tight on 3 and not letting him get off the line, so forth and so on.  The real question is what are you going to do about the NCS defense?  It has been said that defense wins championships, and it has never been more true than in 1A football.  There are several defenders all within five tackles of being the leading tackler on this defense.  It is literally a competition to see who can get to the ball carrier first.  Talk all you want to about 11. It's the other 11 who will get you.

I've seen a lot of posts so far about stopping 11, how to tell which way he's going to run, playing tight on 3 and not letting him get off the line, so forth and so on.  The real question is what are you going to do about the NCS defense?  It has been said that defense wins championships, and it has never been more true than in 1A football.  There are several defenders all within five tackles of being the leading tackler on this defense.  It is literally a competition to see who can get to the ball carrier first.  Talk all you want to about 11. It's the other 11 who will get you.

It was one poster referring on how to stop #11. That's all. And he's not a Huntingdon poster. We all know how great and almighty NC is and how tough of a task it's going to be for the Mustangs. We are still going to load the bus and travel down I-40 and play. I just hope it's not as ugly as last year! Good luck to your Eagles.

I'm excited about our end of the bracket. Should make for some great matchups.

It was one poster referring on how to stop #11. That's all. And he's not a Huntingdon poster. We all know how great and almighty NC is and how tough of a task it's going to be for the Mustangs. We are still going to load the bus and travel down I-40 and play. I just hope it's not as ugly as last year! Good luck to your Eagles.

I'm excited about our end of the bracket. Should make for some great matchups.

Whoever wins our bracket will be State Champeeeeeens.

How many times have you seen #11 carry the ball?  He hasn't had enough carries all year for anyone to establish the pattern you are describing.

he heads to the right sideline every time.  He repeatedly jukes left then continues to the right.  The first step to stopping him would be to put a man right on the right sideline before the ball is even snapped

Well said.  Cracks me up when someone says this year's team is not as good as last year's.  I guess 2 losses on the schedule will make folks say that - but it's not true at all.  NCS has never had a secondary like this. 

A match up with WC and Mr. Football will be mighty fun to watch.  Best all-around HS QB I've ever seen us play.

I honestly think you are wrong. We are not that much different than last year's team. Backs are better, d line the same, special teams better, linebackers, well you can't replace a Bituli but we are as solid as it gets in 1a. Defensive secondary... Best in state for 1a. Not a single poster on any thread has a bead on it. Im not being a jerk.. It's just playoff time.

I'm a big fan of NCS, don't get me wrong. But to say that our backs are better than Mareio, Danny, and Barfield last year? come on now. and losing all those seniors, we are not as good as last year. the drop off is not as big as people are saying, but there is a visible drop off. 

NCS 41 Huntingdon 24

I'm a big fan of NCS, don't get me wrong. But to say that our backs are better than Mareio, Danny, and Barfield last year? come on now. and losing all those seniors, we are not as good as last year. the drop off is not as big as people are saying, but there is a visible drop off.

NCS 41 Huntingdon 24