Goodpasture at Fairview Round 2

Swarm

Players to watch on Goodpasture team - #6 #2, #4, #53, #1 just to name a few. This will be Goodpasture biggest test this season for sure. Fairview seems to be able to move the ball down the field at will on every opponent they have played with ease. These 2 teams squared off in the Austin Peay 7on7 Championship back in August and who knew these 2 teams were going to be this good playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs!

Yea #6 Mason is in one of the Cougars offensive threats that I am sure gives opposing Defensive Coordinators headaches. Even though teams try to kick away from Mason earlier this year he had back2back punt returns for TD's within 3 minutes off the game clock. Then later in the year one game had 2 Kickoff returns of 85 and 93 yards 3 weeks ago that were only 5 minutes apart.

The Cougars have several players to watch. The 6-3 235 pound "Swim Army Knife" #2 who plays TE, WR, RB, QB, DE, and averages over 45 yards per punt creates lots of problems as well. The Cougars have a 2-year starter Sophmore QB #13 who started all but 1 or 2 games last year as freshmen took a beating last season who now plays like a 5th year senior and will throw it deep with accuracy.

On Defense, one of the Cougars leading tacklers linebacker #1 is very deceiving although not very big plays like a much bigger player. the other LB #53 is an animal that also plays fullback lives in opposing team backfield with many sacks. #2 off the edge at DE is coming be difficult to handle as well.

#4 Sophmore RB who also plays DL will pound the rock and runs angry.

Thanks for the great information that you always provide.

Fairview has a very fluid and balanced offense. To shut it down you'll have to be very disciplined. Page did the best job of that this season on our QBS first game as a starter. It was also a game where we ran head on into a dominating Page defensive line all night. Very few pass plays. You'll see a combination of #4,7, & 23 running sweeps, counters, between the tackles, catching screens, and even going down the field. #28 (also a linebacker) is our leading receiver. On the line, we are our largest up front than I can remember. Also very physical.

Defensively, we are solid against the run usually. We've had a couple games where we had match up problems. During those games our defensive leader (ILB #7) was out with a concussion. He has lead the team in tackles every year since his sophomore season to my knowledge. I'm not sure about this year since missinga few games.

The deep ball has been a problem for our secondary a few times this season but they've also been making good alot of big plays and interceptions lately. Especially when the Dline line gets penetration. Most of our skill guys play both sides of the ball.

Thanks for the great information that you always provide.

Fairview has a very fluid and balanced offense. To shut it down you'll have to be very disciplined. Page did the best job of that this season on our QBS first game as a starter. It was also a game where we ran head on into a dominating Page defensive line all night. Very few pass plays. You'll see a combination of #4,7, & 23 running sweeps, counters, between the tackles, catching screens, and even going down the field. #28 (also a linebacker) is our leading receiver. On the line, we are our largest up front than I can remember. Also very physical.

Defensively, we are solid against the run usually. We've had a couple games where we had match up problems. During those games our defensive leader (ILB #7) was out with a concussion. He has lead the team in tackles every year since his sophomore season to my knowledge. I'm not sure about this year since missinga few games.

The deep ball has been a problem for our secondary a few times this season but they've also been making good alot of big plays and interceptions lately. Especially when the Dline line gets penetration. Most of our skill guys play both sides of the ball.

so...I'm pretty sure the guy you were answering isn't a Gp fan and was giving us an upperhand. But you just gave everything away for us.

so...I'm pretty sure the guy you were answering isn't a Gp fan and was giving us an upperhand. But you just gave everything away for us.

Yeah well we need the extra competition. You don't reckon Goodpasture watches film? Heck, I can watch it right here on my phone. 😆

Yeah well we need the extra competition. You don't reckon Goodpasture watches film? Heck, I can watch it right here on my phone. 😆

i forgot we were in 2016. Back in 2005 i tried to tell the coaches josh Boyd wasn't the only player we had to go after against Camden in the playoffs. They ended up having over 400 yards rushing against us and Josh Boyd wasn't a factor. But what do I know. I know the game. Was an All-State player. 1st team defense. Plus 4 years of college ball on scholarship but I don't know anything.

i forgot we were in 2016. Back in 2005 i tried to tell the coaches josh Boyd wasn't the only player we had to go after against Camden in the playoffs. They ended up having over 400 yards rushing against us and Josh Boyd wasn't a factor. But what do I know. I know the game. Was an All-State player. 1st team defense. Plus 4 years of college ball on scholarship but I don't know anything.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't think I let any cats out of the bag naming who our team leaders are and that they get the ball. It's public information man.

I'm not trying question what you know or how good of a player you were. Congrats on playing college football btw.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't think I let any cats out of the bag naming who our team leaders are and that they get the ball. It's public information man.

I'm not trying question what you know or how good of a player you were. Congrats on playing college football btw.

i know and I always respect your integrity on this site. But coaches have been looking at this site since it began. No reason to make their jobs easier. I mean yeh would be hard to see that our leaders are beathard,caldwell,ortiz,Lusk,and Samborn. But they would have to watch alot of flimsy to realize ortiz was ever hurt. They can only have the previous game. So they can't have film from from the 1st 10 games. Just the game vs east.

You mind your own business. I'll say whatever I want to.

Hey girls...focus. While you two are arguing with each other, it makes us wonder if the Fairview fans have what it takes to win a quarterfinal game.

Remember, I have picked you to play Alcoa and to are blowing it acting like girls.

• Upvote 1

Hey girls...focus. While you two are arguing with each other, it makes us wonder if the Fairview fans have what it takes to win a quarterfinal game.

Remember, I have picked you to play Alcoa and to are blowing it acting like girls.

Lol. I'll straighten up lessur. We got what it takes!

i know and I always respect your integrity on this site. But coaches have been looking at this site since it began. No reason to make their jobs easier. I mean yeh would be hard to see that our leaders are beathard,caldwell,ortiz,Lusk,and Samborn. But they would have to watch alot of flimsy to realize ortiz was ever hurt. They can only have the previous game. So they can't have film from from the 1st 10 games. Just the game vs east.

Anyway. We can talk about the game now. I think it's going to be a tough one. They look pretty stout on the film that I've seen on here.