Hillsboro at Indepedence

captainTee

Hillsboro (7-4) goes to Thompson Station to face Independence (11-0) after strong performances by both teams. Hillsboro has been in stride, winning the last 5 games and looking as good as ever this year. Independence continues playing disciplined, shutting out Gallatin (although Mason did not play) and winning 35-0. This game looks like a major show of the 5A title team, and last year showed likely the best two teams in the state with a close 28-20 victory for Indy. Who do you have here, and do you think the winner will go all the way? 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Motorcity1

Indy's offense has little chance of scoring more than 24 points on Hillsboro's defense. If Indy scores more than 24, look for special teams and/or defensive scores. Anyone who has watched both these teams knows exactly what Indy will bring in every phase of the game. Indy is the purest, most disciplined and consistently performing team in 5A. However, Hillsboro's HC has made incredible personnel changes on the field in the last 5 games. This Borro offense and team is very different than it was in the first 6 games. The defense has been very difficult to score on and now the offense has a tandem QB dual threat approach that spreads the entire field with dynamic speed. Do not underestimate this teams capability, they are playing with great confidence. My senses would tend to lean toward Indy's consistency and discipline but Hillsboro is a dangerous team right now. Hillsboro's only issue is the number of penalties, but even that statistic has dropped significantly in the last two games. Indy would have to be the favorite in this game, but I would estimate the over/under at 42. This game will be the most exciting game of week 2 in the entire playoff picture, however, the winner of week 3 in this Region has the greatest likelihood of winning the 5A State Championship. This will be an exciting 2 weeks of middle Tennessee 5A football.

There is something to be said about the precision that Indy runs their offense. Are they fast? No where near as fast as Hillsboro. The team discipline that Indy has was a thing of beauty last night. If Indy can keep the game from being a track meet I would give the edge to them. If the game gets down to playmakers getting it done I would go with Hillsboro. Someone please do something about the Homer in the press box. A little class by him could go a long way.