Oak Ridge 2016-17

SweetScience

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the updates buddy.

You're welcome buddy. Our announcer said Cleveland just got tired in the 4th. You could tell, every shot they took was short. Our guys are just in tremendous shape. I'm surprised we won that much without Tee, but we did beat McCallie without him as well, so maybe I underestimate them without him. Y'all probably won't lose many games in your district if any and will have a great chance to make sub-state and possibly state. Best wishes buddy.

You're welcome buddy. Our announcer said Cleveland just got tired in the 4th. You could tell, every shot they took was short. Our guys are just in tremendous shape. I'm surprised we won that much without Tee, but we did beat McCallie without him as well, so maybe I underestimate them without him. Y'all probably won't lose many games in your district if any and will have a great chance to make sub-state and possibly state. Best wishes buddy.

we should definitely win our district and hopefully host a sub-state game and give ourselves a chance to make state. Long ways to go and we obviously have a lot of improvement to make.

we should definitely win our district and hopefully host a sub-state game and give ourselves a chance to make state. Long ways to go and we obviously have a lot of improvement to make.

According to our announcers y'all need to improve in your half court offense. They were bragging on Cleveland's transition game, but said that their half court O leaves a lot to be desired. They were bragging on your length and rebounding. I think Coach Green said we held Curry to only 16 points. He said if you hold him to that much you have accomplished something lol. Green was bragging on the Blue Raiders.

According to our announcers y'all need to improve in your half court offense. They were bragging on Cleveland's transition game, but said that their half court O leaves a lot to be desired. They were bragging on your length and rebounding. I think Coach Green said we held Curry to only 16 points. He said if you hold him to that much you have accomplished something lol. Green was bragging on the Blue Raiders.

Green and our coach are pretty close friends. Our coach was on Green's staff when he was here at Cleveland. I agree half court offense does need improvement. Hopefully they play better tomorrow.

Well Oak ridge did it again Oak Ridge 82 Science Hill 72. OR blew a 30 point lead during the 4th quarter. Our sophs against their sophs we didn't fare too well.

Made it look a bit better on the score sheet for them, but that game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated. Have you heard anything on EJ? I know he went out with a leg injury. Would be terrible to lose him.

• 2 weeks later...

HOOSIERS = OAK RIDGE

I believe this year marks the thirty years since the movie Hoosiers stoles the hearts of high school basketball fans. Small town, local players playing for the local team doing good. Just a terrific story.

In Tennessee, we have four large cities with public and private schools all scrambling for the top players. Recruiting is common place. Then the Volunteer state has small towns full of local kids who dream to play for the local high school team just like their dads, uncles, brothers and neighbors had for generations before them.

Oak Ridge basketball is made up of such kids. Yes, the Wildcats have some extremely talented players but no ESPN Top 500 players of top D-1 players. Just a bunch of kids who have grown up playing with and against each others since the age of five. The best player in the town isn't even playing this year as he prepares for college football. Many people wonder if he will sill play. It is a mystery.

This year Oak Ridge takes on the role of Hickory, Indiana. They must play a gauntlet of teams both small and large. If they make it to the Boro they will face the Memphis teams loaded with top players in the country. Are our Wildcats destinies darlings? Could they pull off the impossible and win State?

I don't know but I have my faith in them. My heart will rise and fall as the season rolls along. My eyes will be on the prize and no fear will I let creep into my soul.

Good luck Cats and Roll Wildcats Roll!

Time to bring this folder back to life and I can think of no better previous post to ring in the new year with. Tee is Back. Bush is Out. Hearts are broken but dreams are not dashed. It is time for the next man up. That next man is up. He is pushed by the strong Wildcat Tradition in Championships.

We cheered loud before we cheer louder now, We will clap our hands and stomp our feet. We are not down. We are regrouping and repairing. We have leaders and we have warrior Wildcats. Wildcat Strong. See you all this Friday.

Time to bring this folder back to life and I can think of no better previous post to ring in the new year with. Tee is Back. Bush is Out. Hearts are broken but dreams are not dashed. It is time for the next man up. That next man is up. He is pushed by the strong Wildcat Tradition in Championships.

We cheered loud before we cheer louder now, We will clap our hands and stomp our feet. We are not down. We are regrouping and repairing. We have leaders and we have warrior Wildcats. Wildcat Strong. See you all this Friday.

Poetic