CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

You should be hearing very shortly and I think you guys will have some exciting football to look forward to.

I didn't think Clinton would make an announcement before January, but they could do so as early as tomorrow.

I think Clinton will be just fine. Not everybody thinks so, but I have no doubt things will turn around for the Dragons sooner rather than later.

Edited by 92Dragon

It's hard for me to believe that McKamey, who underachieved at GCA, will succeed at a rebuilding job in Clinton.

They were a 2A school playing Jefferson County and Campbell County which were 5A and 6A. They also caught CAK on the upswing the year before. They should of won against A-E and Webb but didn't and Hampton was just to much to deal with after the boy's lost one of their team mates in an accident the Monday following the game. I don't think anyone really cared after that because those kids learned life is more important than a football game that week. This year losing 22 seniors from the year before would bury most 2A programs and no one transferred in which was a double blow. The same schedule again but they played Jefferson a lot better than last year and also played Campbell County pretty good. The CAK game was the one that they let get away in the last minute. The Webb game was a blowout and it pretty much turns out that Webb with the addition of the Howard kid is very good, go ask someone from Oak Ridge. The A-E game was pretty much the same. GCA had no speed to match those two teams. The loss to Happy Valley was just to a better team that also had speed. Overall I expected this team to really go 3-7 or 4-6 but popped up and did a lot better than I thought. MCKamey will have better speed to work with at Clinton and I think he will do just fine. I don't ever remember Clinton being worth a flip since Gaylor left so McKamey knowing the situation will be a great fit for them.