CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

That's interesting I heard a Div ii college coach interviewed yesterday and scored very well , and still hearing nothing but kudos for Lane , I've done my research , seems like Div ii college record along with 5a state championship that Lane holds , would be very stiff competion for a coach playing in single A with private school recruited talent against single A public schools ,I not follow grace to closely but only power wins I can recall was trap games between AC and CAK , and Clinton isn't playing in a soap box with single A teams , also I'm not sure ole school dragons have forgotten that Mckamey recruited the Clinton area hard with some success , which some elude was the start of the Clinton demise , so if you right eagles fan , this is very interesting !! But I wouldn't doubt that your correct !

Accurate. Mike Clowney from CN

I can't speak for everyone else, but when a school like Clinton is hiring a new coach, I would take into consideration the fact that Clinton isn't like Oak Ridge or Kingsport DB. If Clinton hires someone from Carson Newman or someone like the defensive coordinator from West.....will they stay for several years or will they leave when another coaching job opens up?

Sometimes I think that is why small schools like Clinton tries to hire people that graduated from the school or has ties to it. Thinking that person will stick around longer?

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

I can't speak for everyone else, but when a school like Clinton is hiring a new coach, I would take into consideration the fact that Clinton isn't like Oak Ridge or Kingsport DB. If Clinton hires someone from Carson Newman or someone like the defensive coordinator from West.....will they stay for several years or will they leave when another coaching job opens up?

Sometimes I think that is why small schools like Clinton tries to hire people that graduated from the school or has ties to it. Thinking that person will stick around longer?

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

I tend to agree. Ideally, I'm sure they want to hire someone who is more likely to stay long term, and getting a "Clinton" guy is one way to do that. I'm sure that was a big part of Powell's thinking when they hired Matt Lowe years ago.

Lowe's story is also a case of economics, to some degree. I'm sure he's getting a much fatter paycheck at TKA, but in general, I think the days of coaches staying in one place for an entire career are dying. The same thing has happened in a big part of the professional world. The days of simply punching a timecard and "climbing the corporate ladder" are basically over. The most common way to earn a substantial pay increase is to move from one company to another, which explains why young professionals are only averaging ~5-6 years per employer. I'm not a fan of this "loyalty be da**ed" mantra, but the numbers don't lie.

Edited by osunut2

That's interesting I heard a Div ii college coach interviewed yesterday and scored very well , and still hearing nothing but kudos for Lane , I've done my research , seems like Div ii college record along with 5a state championship that Lane holds , would be very stiff competion for a coach playing in single A with private school recruited talent against single A public schools ,I not follow grace to closely but only power wins I can recall was trap games between AC and CAK , and Clinton isn't playing in a soap box with single A teams , also I'm not sure ole school dragons have forgotten that Mckamey recruited the Clinton area hard with some success , which some elude was the start of the Clinton demise , so if you right eagles fan , this is very interesting !! But I wouldn't doubt that your correct !

West won that state championship on offense not defense my friend so you must not do very good research. In 2012 West allowed 19.08 per game and went 9-3.2013 allowed 15.03 per game and went 13-2, 2014 allowed 15 per game and went 14-1, 2015 allowed 16.58 per game and went 9-3. in 2016 allowed 17.00 per game and went 4-6. Only two points difference in allowed points between a state champion and a 4-6 team that didn't make the playoffs. Now the first time I ever saw GCA ever play live was in a scrimmage against Clinton in the 2015 and GCA pretty much handled them in a game type setting with clocks and officials and chain gang. In case you might have been there that evening on the last play of the game a linebacker for Clinton got leveled by one of the GCA linemen and it took thirty minutes for the ambulance to get there and take the young man to the hospital and both coaches just called the game over after that play. When I left that game I though to myself for a 2A team they pretty much dominated that entire game. There is no doubt that McKamey is a good coach and being from Clinton should be a plus because he does understand the entire situation. If he is picked the next head coach there he will do good. Now he's a little different but the man will take chances most coaches won't and I think that's what I enjoyed more than anything about him so no doubt who Barney would hire if he were available.

West won that state championship on offense not defense my friend so you must not do very good research. In 2012 West allowed 19.08 per game and went 9-3.2013 allowed 15.03 per game and went 13-2, 2014 allowed 15 per game and went 14-1, 2015 allowed 16.58 per game and went 9-3. in 2016 allowed 17.00 per game and went 4-6. Only two points difference in allowed points between a state champion and a 4-6 team that didn't make the playoffs. Now the first time I ever saw GCA ever play live was in a scrimmage against Clinton in the 2015 and GCA pretty much handled them in a game type setting with clocks and officials and chain gang. In case you might have been there that evening on the last play of the game a linebacker for Clinton got leveled by one of the GCA linemen and it took thirty minutes for the ambulance to get there and take the young man to the hospital and both coaches just called the game over after that play. When I left that game I though to myself for a 2A team they pretty much dominated that entire game. There is no doubt that McKamey is a good coach and being from Clinton should be a plus because he does understand the entire situation. If he is picked the next head coach there he will do good. Now he's a little different but the man will take chances most coaches won't and I think that's what I enjoyed more than anything about him so no doubt who Barney would hire if he were available.

That terrible defense gave up 6 points in the SC game that nobody gave them a chance to win. Especially facing that high powered Hillsboro offense. Yes, we had some special kids those years, it wasn't just about offense as you have made it seem. I would love to see how many defensive and special teams TD's were scored during those years as well.

I do agree with you though, if I'm at Clinton, I hire McKamey as well. The wingT will be perfect for Clinton.

Edited by WestObserver

That terrible defense gave up 6 points in the SC game that nobody gave them a chance to win. Especially facing that high powered Hillsboro offense. Yes, we had some special kids those years, it wasn't just about offense as you have made it seem. I would love to see how many defensive and special teams TD's were scored during those years as well.

I do agree with you though, if I'm at Clinton, I hire McKamey as well. The wingT will be perfect for Clinton.

GCA didn't run the wing t this past year. Didn't say they had a terrible defense at all by no means. Their defense has been pretty much on par year after year and the numbers show that. The way the poster was raving you would have thought the defense was the reason they they got there. Cottrell and Marshall were the two best players I've seen come out of West and the offensive numbers are horrible and don't even reflect that West team two years ago but the defense is still good and may be even better considering they play twice as long as the defense did in 2014 because the offense is horrible now.

Try this for breakfast today. There are people at GCA that can spank a check out there for more than you can ever imagine, your not dealing with the Settler's in the TV commercial. If Randy McKamey moves to Clinton he will be sorely missed by the fans of the program there. I can also assure you if he leaves both parties have discussed this from day one and GCA isn't setting there waiting for a big surprise. My only personal thoughts to this matter is that someone with power there hasn't been pushing buttons because their little Tommy isn't playing his favorite position because McKamey had the right boy's  in the right spots for what he had  to work with this year. There were no transfers that came in as usual which didn't help the situation of losing over 20 plus seniors from the year before. My personal opinion is that he did a great job bouncing back with the schedule and the circumstances he had to work with. 

Barney.....thank you for your continual support of GCA. It seems there is misinformation being spread about GCA enrollment declining over 200 students the past few years. That would be alarming if true. The following are official enrollment numbers for the past three years: 2014/15 - 905; 2015/16 - 882; 2016/2017 - 905. There was a huge (for GCA) senior class in 14/15, combined with a smaller 8th grade class, which resulted in a modest enrollment decline for one year. Otherwise, GCA has grown EVERY YEAR since it's inception in 1997. GCA is thriving under terrific new leadership, incredibly gifted and dedicated educators, and a strong student body with extremely supportive parental involvement. I believe GCA is quite an appealing option for any young student looking for a great education, terrific athletics facilities and great coaches (no matter what happens or doesn't in the next who knows when.) Most important of all, GCA provides a Christ-centered environment at the core of all activities. LEAD, BUILD and EQUIP!!!