Regions Announced: 2A

BoardHater71

I don't think that they put that much thought into it...if that's what they wanted they'd probably just have split DI/DII and have been done with it, it's not like they care what the public thinks anyway. I'm ok with our new region, but would have loved to continue with Lewis County...that kind of program makes you better, and I'm not too happy about the drive to Clarksville (sure that they feel the same about coming here and to Riverside). Nothing to throw a fit about, just feel like a committee from each section of the state could have done a little better. Really thought that Adamsville and ourselves would reunite somehow in this cycle too...it's a shame that we're that close and have been separated for the last two reclassifications.

I agree. I was just trying to to put some reason to the crazy regions. I thought for sure Adamsville would have been with you guys. I guess I was trying to put common sense with TSSAA is stupid on my part.

Region 7
Adamsville High School (Adamsville, TN)
Gibson Co. High School (Dyer, TN)
Halls High School (Halls, TN)
McKenzie High School (McKenzie, TN)
Peabody High School (Trenton, TN)
Trinity Christian Academy (Jackson, TN)
Union City High School (Union City, TN)

Should be competitive!! 

Poor Gibson County!  Trying to build a program and get better each year and they get thrown into the "SEC West" of High School football!  This is a tough Region!!

UC has been to Pennsylvania and South Carolina the last two years...I think a trip to Adamsville is doable...

Sure it's doable, but if you're like most programs every thousand spent in travel means you do without something you need...also means that gate money is down. I know that Adamsville travels well, just as most everyone in our old district 15A did, but not every program can say that.

Tradertwo:  I agree and that is the point I was making.  I don't think the TSSAA put a lot of thought into the 2A alignment.

BigEd:  I personally do not have any problems with the privates.  We have played JCS and TCA on and off over the past 10-12 years.  The fans, coaches  and players are and have been great. Actually  I wished JCS would have stayed D1. I have a lot of friends that have kids at both schools. It's hard to say what the TSSAA was thinking.

You guys are right about Adamsville.  There is no team that shows more class than Adamsville.  The  coaches, players and fans are great.  What other school will beat you by 40 points and feed you after the game.  :D

Tradertwo: I agree and that is the point I was making. I don't think the TSSAA put a lot of thought into the 2A alignment.

BigEd: I personally do not have any problems with the privates. We have played JCS and TCA on and off over the past 10-12 years. The fans, coaches and players are and have been great. Actually I wished JCS would have stayed D1. I have a lot of friends that have kids at both schools. It's hard to say what the TSSAA was thinking.

You guys are right about Adamsville. There is no team that shows more class than Adamsville. The coaches, players and fans are great. What other school will beat you by 40 points and feed you after the game. :D

thanks GC. I know a lot of publics want us out. But we have always followed the rules. That is why it was not hard for us to stay D1. Personally I like playing the local teams. There are some good rivalries and an you can add the chip on the shoulder of knocking us privates off. I love high school football and it is because of the close communities that come out and support their kids. Public or private. As a matter of fact myself and a friend are headed to Dresden Friday to see a great game. Good luck to you guys this coming year. Your coach has them playing scrappy ball and it will pay off

thanks GC. I know a lot of publics want us out. But we have always followed the rules. That is why it was not hard for us to stay D1. Personally I like playing the local teams. There are some good rivalries and an you can add the chip on the shoulder of knocking us privates off. I love high school football and it is because of the close communities that come out and support their kids. Public or private. As a matter of fact myself and a friend are headed to Dresden Friday to see a great game. Good luck to you guys this coming year. Your coach has them playing scrappy ball and it will pay off

Ive always enjoyed playing you guys. Been some great games and not so great haha