Regions Announced: 2A

BoardHater71

This maybe the worse alignment i have ever seen from the T$$AA.  In a perfect world, the common sense approach is to take the 48 teams and divide them into 8 regions with 6 teams apiece.  Right? I understand it cannot be perfect but it can be more evenly divided across the state.  

But the T$$AA breaks it out this way:

Region 1 with 5 teams

Region 2 with 5 teams

Region 3 with 5 teams

Therefore East TN can win one region game in be in the playoffs. T$$AA will say its due to travel time.

Region 4 with 6 teams

Region 5 with 7 teams

Region 6 with 7 teams: Travel time to Clarksville to Scotts Hill is at about 2 hours

Region 7 with 7 teams:  Travel time from Union City to Adamsville is at least 2-2.5 hours.

Hey T$$AA.  You defiantly cannot say the imbalance of regions is due to travel time.  That Ole Dog ain't hunt'in no more,

Region 8 with 6 teams

If you look at the map link below, "basically" every school east of I65 is in a 5 or 6 team region.  Basically every school west of I65 is in a 6 or 7 team region.

http://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2017&sportid=1

So my question is, what did they do during the meeting?  Draw a line down I65 across the state and call it a day? lol

If Dan Black our T$$AA rep bought off on this....... he needs to be replaced ASAP!!!!!

You blew T$$AA....Again!  You had a great chance to slice this pie up a little bit more evenly in the east and west.  I hope some of the school appeal this.....but I;m sure you will say its done this way because of travel time....blah...blah...blah.

The schools have about a week to appeal this.  I personally hope they do and make the T$$AA do their job instead of meeting and drawing a line and calling it a day.

Everything was supposed to be great now. The privates are gone. For the most part. TCA stayed but it was a cost thing. And we are the only private west of the river so we should not be a thorn. Now it's time to start complaint about something new. Can everyone please get a gold ball.

If I don't get a gold ball, I am going to cry, block traffic, riot, and shoot someone.  That will learn them undesirables. 

If I don't get a gold ball, I am going to cry, block traffic, riot, and shoot someone.  That will learn them undesirables. 

Just practice your interview skills...in case you attract enough attention that the news media shows up and puts a mic in your face, you don't want to look stupid because you don't really know why you are there.

This maybe the worse alignment i have ever seen from the T$$AA. In a perfect world, the common sense approach is to take the 48 teams and divide them into 8 regions with 6 teams apiece. Right? I understand it cannot be perfect but it can be more evenly divided across the state.

But the T$$AA breaks it out this way:

Region 1 with 5 teams

Region 2 with 5 teams

Region 3 with 5 teams

Therefore East TN can win one region game in be in the playoffs. T$$AA will say its due to travel time.

Region 4 with 6 teams

Region 5 with 7 teams

Region 6 with 7 teams: Travel time to Clarksville to Scotts Hill is at about 2 hours

Region 7 with 7 teams: Travel time from Union City to Adamsville is at least 2-2.5 hours.

Hey T$$AA. You defiantly cannot say the imbalance of regions is due to travel time. That Ole Dog ain't hunt'in no more,

Region 8 with 6 teams

If you look at the map link below, "basically" every school east of I65 is in a 5 or 6 team region. Basically every school west of I65 is in a 6 or 7 team region.

http://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2017&sportid=1

So my question is, what did they do during the meeting? Draw a line down I65 across the state and call it a day? lol

If Dan Black our T$$AA rep bought off on this....... he needs to be replaced ASAP!!!!!

You blew T$$AA....Again! You had a great chance to slice this pie up a little bit more evenly in the east and west. I hope some of the school appeal this.....but I;m sure you will say its done this way because of travel time....blah...blah...blah.

The schools have about a week to appeal this. I personally hope they do and make the T$$AA do their job instead of meeting and drawing a line and calling it a day.

East travel time is no better...We are in region 1 our travel times to our 4 region games will be 2.5 hours 2.25 hours 2 hours and 1 hour.

East travel time is no better...We are in region 1 our travel times to our 4 region games will be 2.5 hours 2.25 hours 2 hours and 1 hour.

Don't know about the east, but there were/are closer options in the west...might have taken a little thought though. Looks like not the required amount of planning went into every classification and region. Should have formed committees consisting of AD's and/or coaches to formulate their own scenario's and merged them. JMO.

Don't know about the east, but there were/are closer options in the west...might have taken a little thought though. Looks like not the required amount of planning went into every classification and region. Should have formed committees consisting of AD's and/or coaches to formulate their own scenario's and merged them. JMO.

I agree that more coaches and AD's should be involved in the planning for this. In East TN. Region 1 A and AA especially there's just so few small schools over here you can't get much more than 5 in a region without making teams travel 3+ hours..We have been in 1A and or 2A region 1 for ever no matter how they align it We always have at least 3 2+ hour trips

Don't know about the east, but there were/are closer options in the west...might have taken a little thought though. Looks like not the required amount of planning went into every classification and region. Should have formed committees consisting of AD's and/or coaches to formulate their own scenario's and merged them. JMO.

Trader do you think some of the region 7 is a final push trying to get us out of the D1 division for good. It is odd to have Adamsville in 7. Could have had 6 teams with out them. Don't get me wrong. I like having them. And I like having union city and Trenton. I teach my son nothing comes easy. Work hard and earn what you get. But it is odd to give us 7teams and Adamsville having a huge road trip every game. Edited by BigEdMo

Trader do you think some of the region 7 is a final push trying to get us out of the D1 division for good. It is odd to have Adamsville in 7. Could have had 6 teams with out them. Don't get me wrong. I like having them. And I like having union city and Trenton. I teach my son nothing comes easy. Work hard and earn what you get. But it is odd to give us 7teams and Adamsville having a huge road trip every game.

I don't think that they put that much thought into it...if that's what they wanted they'd probably just have split DI/DII and have been done with it, it's not like they care what the public thinks anyway. I'm ok with our new region, but would have loved to continue with Lewis County...that kind of program makes you better, and I'm not too happy about the drive to Clarksville (sure that they feel the same about coming here and to Riverside). Nothing to throw a fit about, just feel like a committee from each section of the state could have done a little better. Really thought that Adamsville and ourselves would reunite somehow in this cycle too...it's a shame that we're that close and have been separated for the last two reclassifications.

Adding Adamsville to region 6 as it is would have helped them a little by having SH and Riverside on the schedule, but would have also had long drives with the eastern teams, and would have limited everyone's ability to schedule out of region opponents. I'd really enjoy trying to keep TCA, Wayne County, and Lewis County especially, but you can't have everything.

Edited by tradertwo