Round 3: Waverly vs Scotts Hill

PrimeXTime44

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Waverly...great team and atmosphere. That's the game I wanted to see. Two hard nosed, won't quit, leave everything on the field teams, and someone had to lose. No words to explain how proud of our guys that I am...they had their backs to the wall several times tonight, and came out swinging each time. To have the ball with the chance to win twice in the last five minutes is all that we could have wanted, and a tip of the hat to Waverly's defense for not allowing it.

No excuses and no whining...Waverly is the real deal, and a lesser team may have folded to the pressure when we kept coming back. Every time that the Tigers looked like they might be ready to put a little distance between us, the Lions would come back to close the gap again.

Just a side note...the questionable "targeting" call at Scotts Hill happened again tonight...#4 catches the ball, turns to run, and is leveled in the chest just as he gets his head around...vicious hit, but no flag this time...good no call, just good football.

Pulling for you guys to get it done...you will be the underdog at Trez just like we have been...forget what people think and take the fight to them...you just might surprise the same prognosticators that we have! 

Cant end the post without expressing the love the community has for this team...we've been taken on a fantastic ride, we've celebrated your success and felt the pain of your loss...we've laughed, cried, hugged, cheered and high fived...we've been given a great gift by you and your coaches... the memories of this season will be forever in the parents and fans heart's, and the sadness that we feel tonight is not for us...but for those of you who've played your last game in the black and gold.I was reminded of our unofficial motto (once a Lion, always a Lion) tonight, when I saw our former Principal's wife at the game (thanks Mr. & Mrs. Norton)...they've moved on, but will forever be a part of Lion Nation... one day when you sit beside us in the stands, and your heart swells with pride as you watch your little brother, son, nephew, grandson, or neighbor's son playing his heart out for your alma mater...only then will you realize just how much you have given to those of us who follow you. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES CLASS OF '17!!!

Congratulations Waverly...great team and atmosphere. That's the game I wanted to see. Two hard nosed, won't quit, leave everything on the field teams, and someone had to lose. No words to explain how proud of our guys that I am...they had their backs to the wall several times tonight, and came out swinging each time. To have the ball with the chance to win twice in the last five minutes is all that we could have wanted, and a tip of the hat to Waverly's defense for not allowing it.

No excuses and no whining...Waverly is the real deal, and a lesser team may have folded to the pressure when we kept coming back. Every time that the Tigers looked like they might be ready to put a little distance between us, the Lions would come back to close the gap again.

Just a side note...the questionable "targeting" call at Scotts Hill happened again tonight...#4 catches the ball, turns to run, and is leveled in the chest just as he gets his head around...vicious hit, but no flag this time...good no call, just good football.

Pulling for you guys to get it done...you will be the underdog at Trez just like we have been...forget what people think and take the fight to them...you just might surprise the same prognosticators that we have! 

Cant end the post without expressing the love the community has for this team...we've been taken on a fantastic ride, we've celebrated your success and felt the pain of your loss...we've laughed, cried, hugged, cheered and high fived...we've been given a great gift by you and your coaches... the memories of this season will be forever in the parents and fans heart's, and the sadness that we feel tonight is not for us...but for those of you who've played your last game in the black and gold.I was reminded of our unofficial motto (once a Lion, always a Lion) tonight, when I saw our former Principal's wife at the game (thanks Mr. & Mrs. Norton)...they've moved on, but will forever be a part of Lion Nation... one day when you sit beside us in the stands, and your heart swells with pride as you watch your little brother, son, nephew, grandson, or neighbor's son playing his heart out for your alma mater...only then will you realize just how much you have given to those of us who follow you. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES CLASS OF '17!!!

Great post Trader!! +1