Knoxville Central @ Marshall County : Round 4

Marshall1969

I suppose we Giles folks can relate to the MC folks pretty well. When you're on top, everyone else wants to bring you down. When they can't do that on the field, they try the next best thing...and that's hurling accusations and whining.

I admit, we got our butts handed to us twice this year by MC. They won, fair and square. We are going to lick our wounds and get back to work. Our future is very bright and with a dedicated coaching staff and hungry kids waiting to step up and play. We will be just fine.

So, I wish the MC faithful good luck this Friday night. I'll probably make the trip over and root you guys on. I just can't stand sitting at home on Friday night knowing there's high school football close by. Gotta pull for our region and Middle TN.

Thanks Bobcat

You came back and posted about the game two weeks ago. In case you forgot, we played on the 28th. How is that not showing up for a week or so...I'll wait.

I posted before the next game, that's less than a week. That also was my first post of the week... Again, I invite you to post what you are referring to. Every post has a date and time.

What did I accuse anyone of or whine about bobcat? Sadly, I said they were a better team than us before we even played, but now all of MC is calling me a sore loser. Maybe if I cried and yelled hail MC you guys ego would be stroked enough.

So back to what started this whole thing. Bc MC posters show no humility (or even honesty apparently), I hope that Central pulls out the win in a great Thanksgiving week semifinal.

I suppose we Giles folks can relate to the MC folks pretty well. When you're on top, everyone else wants to bring you down. When they can't do that on the field, they try the next best thing...and that's hurling accusations and whining.

I admit, we got our butts handed to us twice this year by MC. They won, fair and square. We are going to lick our wounds and get back to work. Our future is very bright and with a dedicated coaching staff and hungry kids waiting to step up and play. We will be just fine.

So, I wish the MC faithful good luck this Friday night. I'll probably make the trip over and root you guys on. I just can't stand sitting at home on Friday night knowing there's high school football close by. Gotta pull for our region and Middle TN.

I believe those accusations that you speak of were warranted because you all got penalized by TSSAA. So you are right in that you should be able to relate.

I do have serious question for the MC folk. It seems like last year #4 for you all got a lot more touches than he does this year. Is there any reason why? Can't really knock as you all seem to score at will but was just curious. He was an absolute monster on the field last season. I do agree that #10 is probably the better Wr but that would have been accurate last year as well. Both the best WR in the district in my opinion.

Thanks Bobcat! Nothing but respect for the Giles county folks!

I believe those accusations that you speak of were warranted because you all got penalized by TSSAA. So you are right in that you should be able to relate.

I do have serious question for the MC folk. It seems like last year #4 for you all got a lot more touches than he does this year. Is there any reason why? Can't really knock as you all seem to score at will but was just curious. He was an absolute monster on the field last season. I do agree that #10 is probably the better Wr but that would have been accurate last year as well. Both the best WR in the district in my opinion.

I think it's because we are spreading the ball around more this season. We don't run the jet sweep like we used to and he was the main recipient of that play last season.

I posted before the next game, that's less than a week. That also was my first post of the week... Again, I invite you to post what you are referring to. Every post has a date and time.

What did I accuse anyone of or whine about bobcat? Sadly, I said they were a better team than us before we even played, but now all of MC is calling me a sore loser. Maybe if I cried and yelled hail MC you guys ego would be stroked enough.

So back to what started this whole thing. Bc MC posters show no humility (or even honesty apparently), I hope that Central pulls out the win in a great Thanksgiving week semifinal.

What started the whole thing is you talking about how Page was the only school in the region that played as a team. See the problem is you Williamson County folks like to think you are better than everyone else and have been thinking that way for years. I don't think that will ever change. So chill out, run on down to Starbucks and then go enjoy some basketball practice.

Not sure your statement makes any sense.

What I am saying is, they played horrible in the games that I watched them play. How in the world did they win those necessary games? They did not show me anything as to how they could score that many point to win so that they could be that high up in the rankings. Spring Hill and Giles County played more solid during the regular season. I felt like Giles County was more solid as a 3rd seed than Page as a 2 seed. Spring Hill also impressed me as a 4 seed.

What I am saying is, they played horrible in the games that I watched them play. How in the world did they win those necessary games? They did not show me anything as to how they could score that many point to win so that they could be that high up in the rankings. Spring Hill and Giles County played more solid during the regular season. I felt like Giles County was more solid as a 3rd seed than Page as a 2 seed. Spring Hill also impressed me as a 4 seed.

I guess it depends on who you saw them play against. Apparently against Forrest and Fairview they played horrible. We handed them the first game against us. I thought in our second game they were better other than tackling. I do think out of the 4 teams you mentioned Page was the least athletic. Other than MC they were better than us (overall) and Giles in the trenches. They would have beaten all 4 of the region 3 playoff teams