D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

Lausanne constantly run blitzes. Not sure where you got they don't blitz? Webb beat Oak Ridge with Howard catching the ball. Lausanne does not have the perimeter physicality or athletes to keep up with Howard. You guys thinking they do are going to be shocked at his speed. I didn't believe it either until I saw it.

Ok, Lausanne runs blitzes.  I should clarify and it was my fault.  I'm talking about all out every LB and maybe even a corner blitz, you know, bring the house.  Besides that, I still stand by my assessment. I still think Lausanne's defense is the strength of their team especially the line.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are biased and I'm not. I have seen both players in person, on five game scout films, and you have not. Howard splits carries with two other backs and Gray plays in a spread offense that is designed for him to get chunk plays. He also plays behind a HUGE athletic line.

Howard didn't have the carries/yards and is an 8th grader. It's pretty easy to draw a conclusion as to why he didn't and shouldn't have won.

SEC coaches have said to me (to me in case you missed it) that Howard is so good he will be the best RB ever from TN if he stays healthy. Ever. Let thank sink in.

Lastly, using the award as an indiction as to why hes better is unreasonable. Why? Because you have unabashedly hyped kids from Memphis that didn't win awards for a long time and I'd bet you knew they were better than those that did? Right? Using it now to support your position is not a good argument.

Gray had a great year and is deserving of the award. I just believe at this point he is 5/6 in the RB standings for the division.

Webbs speed wins this game by 14+. This is a bad matchup for Lausanne. Lausanne will have opportunities to score points though. 35-21 If Lausanne contine to have ST snap issues it could be a totally different game.

Granted, you've seen all of them play and I haven't. I will admit that. However, You haven't talked to all of the SEC scouts apparently, because Mr. Gray is already receiving considerable interest from some SEC schools. he's just a sophomore. Let that sink in. 

Again, your opinion on giving the award merit and credibility. It serves your purpose to disclaim credibility. It serves my purpose to use it as a credible resource, especially when I haven't seen the other backs that you are comparing against this young man. We will have to agree to disagree to what YOU consider to be a reliable, credible resource. Instead, you refer to 'SEC coaches' as your credible resource ... then tell me to 'Let that sink in'. Ha!

Hyped kids from Memphis. Some are. Some aren't. You don't know if they will pan out until they get to the next level, and then it depends upon the situation that they find themselves in when they get there.

We CAN quantify the award he won from an UNBIASED panel of judges. We CAN quantify his success that he has had on the grid-iron all season. We CAN'T quantify comparing different offensive philosophies, so we CAN'T quantify comparing him against those other backs that you mentioned. We CAN'T quantify your 'SEC coaches'. comments, whether I am to 'let it sink in' or not. We have two more years of high school football to watch young Mr. Gray play. If the SEC coaches THINK that Mr. Howard could possibly be the BEST to ever play the position in Tennessee. That's all fine and dandy, but to say there are five or six better is just lunacy. He's better the all of them. Quite frankly, my argument has quantifiable EVIDENCE to back up my statements. You CAN'T quantify any of your statements.

And you think my argument isn't good?

Oooooooooooooook ... so be it. LOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm finished with this topic. So have at it.

Edited by kwc

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but... since Howard is an 8th grader, can he play 5 years of high school ball? I mean is there a 4 year max or since he is in 8th grade this year doesn't count? I could look up and research, but I'm sure it's already been done. thanks

If a school is all on one campus 8th graders can participate with high school sports. Obviously not many are good enough to. Every once in a while you get a stud.

Granted, you've seen all of them play and I haven't. I will admit that. However, You haven't talked to all of the SEC scouts apparently, because Mr. Gray is already receiving considerable interest from some SEC schools. he's just a sophomore. Let that sink in.

Again, your opinion on giving the award merit and credibility. It serves your purpose to disclaim credibility. It serves my purpose to use it as a credible resource, especially when I haven't seen the other backs that you are comparing against this young man. We will have to agree to disagree to what YOU consider to be a reliable, credible resource. Instead, you refer to 'SEC coaches' as your credible resource ... then tell me to 'Let that sink in'. Ha!

Hyped kids from Memphis. Some are. Some aren't. You don't know if they will pan out until they get to the next level, and then it depends upon the situation that they find themselves in when they get there.

We CAN quantify the award he won from an UNBIASED panel of judges. We CAN quantify his success that he has had on the grid-iron all season. We CAN'T quantify comparing different offensive philosophies, so we CAN'T quantify comparing him against those other backs that you mentioned. We CAN'T quantify your 'SEC coaches'. comments, whether I am to 'let it sink in' or not. We have two more years of high school football to watch young Mr. Gray play. If the SEC coaches THINK that Mr. Howard could possibly be the BEST to ever play the position in Tennessee. That's all fine and dandy, but to say there are five or six better is just lunacy. He's better the all of them. Quite frankly, my argument has quantifiable EVIDENCE to back up my statements. You CAN'T quantify any of your statements.

And you think my argument isn't good?

Oooooooooooooook ... so be it. LOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm finished with this topic. So have at it.

It's not quantified in the least because its based on opinion.Has Gray been offered by those schools or UT?!Howard has. Does that make him worthy of the award? Of course not because we aren't debating the award. Btw surely you would concede that award is stats driven to a great degree or are you denying thst as well?

Ive seen all six backs I referred to and Gray is good but would still be 5/6. Sorry you think it's lunacy. Especially when you have seen not one of them. That's homerism and ignorance combined.

You hype Memphis kids and thats fine but go to the game and form your own conclusion then provide some input. Otherwise you're just reading the newspaper and regurgitating it.

Lastly you do know Howard is in 8tg grade right?

He's bigger stronger and much faster than Gray now. Those are quantifiable because Ive seen them run against the same competition. You gonna try to dismiss that? It's on film too so do some research if you want?

If Howard gets enough touches Webb by 14+

Ok, Lausanne runs blitzes. I should clarify and it was my fault. I'm talking about all out every LB and maybe even a corner blitz, you know, bring the house. Besides that, I still stand by my assessment. I still think Lausanne's defense is the strength of their team especially the line.

No worries. I agree on their defense.Hope its an injury free game. Good luck to both teams.

It's not quantified in the least because its based on opinion.Has Gray been offered by those schools or UT?!Howard has. Does that make him worthy of the award? Of course not because we aren't debating the award. Btw surely you would concede that award is stats driven to a great degree or are you denying thst as well?

Ive seen all six backs I referred to and Gray is good but would still be 5/6. Sorry you think it's lunacy. Especially when you have seen not one of them. That's homerism and ignorance combined.

You hype Memphis kids and thats fine but go to the game and form your own conclusion then provide some input. Otherwise you're just reading the newspaper and regurgitating it.

He's bigger stronger and much faster than Gray now. Those are quantifiable because Ive seen them run against the same competition. You gonna try to dismiss that? It's on film too so do some research if you want?

Drops mike.

The problem I have with what you have said in the previous posts is saying Gray would be 4th string on Webb. I can absolute accept that Howard may be a once in a generation type player, and for you to say he is better than Gray is definitely reasonable. To your question about offers, Gray currently holds offers from LSU, Miami, Colorado, and Michigan, per the commercial appeal in Memphis. From what I've heard around town (obviously not the most credible sources), he went to Ohio St a few weeks ago and Bama has been begging him to come visit (I completely understand this is not an offer).

I think what's getting lost in all this debate is that tomorrow should be a great show between two great running backs and teams in general. I really look forward to watching this one.

The problem I have with what you have said in the previous posts is saying Gray would be 4th string on Webb. I can absolute accept that Howard may be a once in a generation type player, and for you to say he is better than Gray is definitely reasonable. To your question about offers, Gray currently holds offers from LSU, Miami, Colorado, and Michigan, per the commercial appeal in Memphis. From what I've heard around town (obviously not the most credible sources), he went to Ohio St a few weeks ago and Bama has been begging him to come visit (I completely understand this is not an offer).

I think what's getting lost in all this debate is that tomorrow should be a great show between two great running backs and teams in general. I really look forward to watching this one.

Good post. Good luck to all the kids parents and fans of both schools. Would love to attend but I'm out of the state right now.

Dreaded double post. Sorry.

Edited by Playerscoach