7A

WildcatNation33

This cat does not care to know you dude. It's a free country. Participation trophies are for parents and trophy companies. I'm not an idiot. Just call it like I see it.

Better get those eyes checked, fool, because you swung and missed. I'm sure that's normal. Yippee Ki Ay, Merry Christmas.

Edited by King21

PC or Clarkrange.....3rd is distant from these 2 teams

quote name="UCSportsFan" post="3638932" timestamp="1481734239"]

I've kept up with all of these programs as a lot of us have and i can say without a doubt that Pickett County has pulled ahead of everyone in 7A however only slightly over Clarkrange. Clay Co. has a very good group of 8th graders coming in and will be very good really soon with Coach Walker at the helm. Jackson Co. is a distant 3rd this year as bad as it pains me to say it and it hurts really BAD!!!

Pickett county hasn't played a district game as of yet. Those are the only games that matter at the end of the season.

Pickett county hasn't played a district game as of yet. Those are the only games that matter at the end of the season.

What matters is if you win the state championship, that is what matters in regards to high school basketball in district 7A.  Pickett County will be at the Glass House this year and whomever comes in second out of Region 4A will be there as well.  I'm picking Clarkrange to be that team.  None of the teams in District 8A can compete as usual and unlike every other year there are only 2 good teams in this region.  Both should have an easy road to the finals of the region.  

What matters is if you win the state championship, that is what matters in regards to high school basketball in district 7A.  Pickett County will be at the Glass House this year and whomever comes in second out of Region 4A will be there as well.  I'm picking Clarkrange to be that team.  None of the teams in District 8A can compete as usual and unlike every other year there are only 2 good teams in this region.  Both should have an easy road to the finals of the region.  

Clay co. could surprise one of these teams. District season games will tell us more.

Clarkrange is playing much better after losing to Oneida by 16...then beating Oneida by 50. PC had better guard against the 3s at Clarkrange or Clarkrange will win. I agree both will go to Murfreesboro this year. Clay is good but not in the same class as these two. Jackson County isn't posting their scores lately so all I can think is they are losing.

Clarkrange is playing much better after losing to Oneida by 16...then beating Oneida by 50. PC had better guard against the 3s at Clarkrange or Clarkrange will win. I agree both will go to Murfreesboro this year. Clay is good but not in the same class as these two. Jackson County isn't posting their scores lately so all I can think is they are losing.

Jackson County is doing ok but not a threat to beat anyone this year unfortunately.  Hopefully they can turn it around because they have some talent and they are well coached so time will tell however i'm still predicting a tie for 3rd between them and Clay County.  

• 2 weeks later...

On this day after New Years...girls hoops are on my mind. I want to go in March and watch some local teams from the Upper Cumberland via for a state title. However, the statewide talent has caught them. More access to good AAU teams, socioeconomics of households which creates the inability for rural teams to keep unless the HARD work is put in. They don't wear the grass out underneath the goals anymore. They won't practice hard unless it's an air-conditioned gym in the summer time. This brings failure in the winter time. I've seen Clarkrange, Pickett, Stone, Livingston, Upperman, Macon, Clay, Cumberland girls all play. Kinda disappointed to say the least. Not in the coaching, but the effort from the players just is not there like it used to be. Sorry.

On this day after New Years...girls hoops are on my mind. I want to go in March and watch some local teams from the Upper Cumberland via for a state title. However, the statewide talent has caught them. More access to good AAU teams, socioeconomics of households which creates the inability for rural teams to keep unless the HARD work is put in. They don't wear the grass out underneath the goals anymore. They won't practice hard unless it's an air-conditioned gym in the summer time. This brings failure in the winter time. I've seen Clarkrange, Pickett, Stone, Livingston, Upperman, Macon, Clay, Cumberland girls all play. Kinda disappointed to say the least. Not in the coaching, but the effort from the players just is not there like it used to be. Sorry.

I have to disagree with you. If the efforts of the players on the floor is not there, better coaches look down the bench. If that doesn't happen(going to players that are working harder) and players have their starting spot and/or playing time locked in because they are upperclassmen or other reasons, then you are correct! The coaches that continue to play their best, hardest working players continue to take their teams deeper into the tournament.

• Upvote 1

I have to disagree with you. If the efforts of the players on the floor is not there, better coaches look down the bench. If that doesn't happen(going to players that are working harder) and players have their starting spot and/or playing time locked in because they are upperclassmen or other reasons, then you are correct! The coaches that continue to play their best, hardest working players continue to take their teams deeper into the tournament.

Well you actually agreed with me. However, as quoting Adolph Rupp "you can't make thoroughbreds out of bunch of jackasses. Sorry the truth hurts, but these teams today are so spoiled. Along with their parents, some who have no clue what playing with "heart" really means. High school recruiting, students going to schools out of their zone, all because of what????? Adult influence somewhere.......just saying.