7A

WildcatNation33

Well you actually agreed with me. However, as quoting Adolph Rupp "you can't make thoroughbreds out of bunch of jackasses. Sorry the truth hurts, but these teams today are so spoiled. Along with their parents, some who have no clue what playing with "heart" really means. High school recruiting, students going to schools out of their zone, all because of what????? Adult influence somewhere.......just saying.

+1

Edited by UCSportsFan

On this day after New Years...girls hoops are on my mind. I want to go in March and watch some local teams from the Upper Cumberland via for a state title. However, the statewide talent has caught them. More access to good AAU teams, socioeconomics of households which creates the inability for rural teams to keep unless the HARD work is put in. They don't wear the grass out underneath the goals anymore. They won't practice hard unless it's an air-conditioned gym in the summer time. This brings failure in the winter time. I've seen Clarkrange, Pickett, Stone, Livingston, Upperman, Macon, Clay, Cumberland girls all play. Kinda disappointed to say the least. Not in the coaching, but the effort from the players just is not there like it used to be. Sorry.

Just think...if think the Pickett County Lady Bobcats had only put in some effort they might be 14-0...oh wait, they are. I don't know about any other teams, but you are dead wrong about the Lady Bobcats.

However, the statewide talent has caught them. More access to good AAU teams, socioeconomics of households which creates the inability for rural teams to keep unless the HARD work is put in.

Don't really know where you've been at, but there is an AAU Program in these kids' back yard and it's highly successful. It's succeeded at the state and national level. The problem for some of these kids and parents is getting caught up in playing for a Nike team and being a "good player on a bad team" through the summer, but hey, look at that logo.

I will agree that overall, the passion of kids playing today is a lot different. Not a lot of kids with a killer instinct and too many friends on the floor. Between the lines, there are no friends. There are teammates and opponents. Friends can be cool afterwards. However, the Upper Cumberland as a region is not lacking talent, maybe just competitive drive as a whole.

you gonna loose one of these games. LA or Jackson! and btw do you not know the history of the drama with players and coaches at PC. Don't get me started. Been around a lot longer than you i'm sure. Cheating, scandal relationships, divorces, etc.....You can't erase that past. I strive on the good ole days where the game mattered to the players. Now it's parents, who mostly don't have a clue, because it's all about their daughter or son. Playing on a Division III AAU team is like scrimmaging a group of gym rats at open gym. Don't start saying, "it's not a district game," that's what I'm talking about right there. Where is the heart in beating LA, like a drum, they are a rivalry, but it don't matter, they are not a district game....to the fans it does, always will. . . . . Bet on that.

In some cases rivalry games are bigger than district games. With everyone making the district tournament. PC vs LA is a huge game and a ton of emotion and I would assume home court will have some effect. Should be a good game. I really don't see PC having much trouble with JC.

It is a HUGE rivalry between PC and LA! I would fully expect a rivalry atmosphere tonight! Could be one of the best high school atmospheres in the state tonight with it being the only game in the area!! Greatest atmosphere in sports is a packed high school gym! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and may the best team win!