Chattanooga area boys 2016-17

FootballFan51

I read in the paper if E.Hamilton and Cleveland finish in a tie, they will "coin flip" for #1 seed. The 'Canes must beat BC and WV(on Friday) for this to happen.

that is correct, although I don't think the seeds will matter, seeds 1 & 2 have automatic berths to region. Guess it depends on who you prefer to face in district semi's between WV and Bradley. The #1 will likely get WV and the #2 will likely face Bradley. Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is correct, although I don't think the seeds will matter, seeds 1 & 2 have automatic berths to region. Guess it depends on who you prefer to face in district semi's between WV and Bradley. The #1 will likely get WV and the #2 will likely face Bradley.

At first, I thought being a 3 seed would be critical, because the #4 seed most likely won't beat Cleveland, but if East Ham is on par with Cleveland, then it won't really matter.

I just don't see any other teams beating Cleveland or East Ham in the district tourney. Guess we will find out Monday when Bradley goes to East Ham.

At first, I thought being a 3 seed would be critical, because the #4 seed most likely won't beat Cleveland, but if East Ham is on par with Cleveland, then it won't really matter.

I just don't see any other teams beating Cleveland or East Ham in the district tourney. Guess we will find out Monday when Bradley goes to East Ham.

East Ham is really good. In my opinion, I believe Cleveland to be better by a tad. I wouldn't count WV or Bradley out against either team.

Bradley beat EH tonight, Cleveland clinches #1 seed. EH faces must win against WV to clinch #2.

yeah. I wonder if the Blue Raider nation was cheering for the Bears - LOL.

Heard Copeland had 34 or so points (& didn't score in the first quarter). They also got John Brown back tonight from injury. They will need him for post season play.

Maybe the Bears do have a chance to make the finals in the District Tourney???

McCallie over HH was a surprise to me. Congrats to the young guys in Blue. Hard to figure out what happened to them tonight vs BA?. I am hoping they can make a run in the private school state tourney.

Tyner winning the 9th grade tourney just means that the well is still full. Nothing drying up anytime soon for the Rams. Best public school team in the area.

Cleveland is still my pick for AAA although it looks like EHam is closing the gap and yes I know they lost last night and tonight.

Edited by chattaauhoops

Interesting that Copeland won the 5AAA Player of the Year. Copeland is a beast (36 last night vs East Hamilton when they knew he was the only person they had to stop), but I thought KK Curry might win it...

IMO if Curry had not played for Cleveland, their record would be mostly the same (maybe 1-2 fewer wins), but if Cole didn't play for Bradley, instead of 8-3 in the District, they would be something like 3-8.

Maybe that's why the coaches gave the nod to Copeland?

Interesting that Copeland won the 5AAA Player of the Year. Copeland is a beast (36 last night vs East Hamilton when they knew he was the only person they had to stop), but I thought KK Curry might win it...

IMO if Curry had not played for Cleveland, their record would be mostly the same (maybe 1-2 fewer wins), but if Cole didn't play for Bradley, instead of 8-3 in the District, they would be something like 3-8.

Maybe that's why the coaches gave the nod to Copeland?

if Curry didn't play for Cleveland they have 5 or 6 more losses, maybe more. They don't beat WV,Bradley, or EH without Curry. Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan