Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

The hyperbole in this thread is just getting bigger and bigger as the posts roll in.

I want to thank Bullydog, Sbulldog09, Baylorbigdog1976, Zoneread56, and more recently, Poet21 for engaging us Whitehaven fans in this thread. It's been entertaining to say the least. Keep it up because we have 3 more days until game day, and we will all probably go koo-koo if we didn't have this outlet.

Let's see here. We have two Smyrna fans. two D2-2A fans, and a Cordova fan. (By the way, none of those middle Tenn. fans think very highly of Cordova, I don't know if you picked up on that

So, Baylorbigdog1976, you would like BHS to change and be more humble? Don't talk to cocky is how you put it? Hmmmm.... You can hang that up. It's not going to happen. He believes in his team and his coaches. He's going to shout it from the roof tops. (He can also be the most critical of his team then anybody I know) If he comes off as one of those fans that just makes you HATE the team he represents, then you will probably grow to hate Whitehaven if you are that type of person, because he's being himself. It is what it is. If you think you are beginning to hate Whitehaven now because of his bravado, wait till we win. Just imagine THAT.

You two dog guys ... I understand that Oakland just decimated your team by a score of 49 -7 in the regular season, so you are pulling for your brother Rutherford County team to win it all. I get it. Can't beat them, join them. I get it.

Now ... I've been on this site for a while. It has been my impression that folks outside of Memphis have NO respect for our coaches. (Public Schools) According to the thinking, outside of Memphis, all of our teams are undisciplined (as the two of you say ... 0 discipline), not very well coached, hotheads. We are just blessed with some speedy athletic football players. It's why we win, when we do HAPPEN to win. Now, when some of our fans state that we can match Oakland with athletes, all of a sudden, we are making statements that our teams (Teams from Memphis) are athletically better then other teams from the rest of the state in that regard. 

Hyperbole again.

I get it. You guys just don't have any respect for the teams we beat in the playoffs. You don't have any respect for the teams on our schedule. Then, you sound surprised when we think our team will win.

Well, we do. We have a great TEAM. We will be playing against a great TEAM. We like our chances. Let me rephrase that. We LOVE our chances. 

You aren't going to throw out any stat, or cross reference of a Whitehaven team that you played back in 2010 and somehow tie it in to a 2016 team. Huh?

Anywho ... like I said, this is entertainment. Keep it up!

Edited by kwc

You forgot to mention a Maryville team that was averaging about 42 pts a game, was held to 7 pts against that defense (would have been 0 pts if not for that Hail Mary) at the end of the half.. Coming into the Maryvilles lowest score of the season was 35 pts.. And Haven Is saying Oakland is the under dog, they're definitely smoking something..

I was just using Oakland's rivalry games because when I mentioned that Germany Town with a record of 3 and 8 put up 14 on them which Whitehaven won only 21 to 14. But they do not think Oakland is going to put up 17. LOL They said that was a rivalry game that was why German Town played so well. Like Oakland does not have rivalry game. LOL

I think Whitehaven will be the Bigger  and stronger team...Oakland looks small on film..I think this game will come down to special teams and who has a better passing game...Oakland has to block #4 for whitehaven and get someone on #22 if they are to the ball on Offense...I do think #27 for Maryville  is a much better player than #22 for whitehaven...

LOL ... dems fightin' words!

Edited by kwc

LOL ... dems fightin' words!

What are fighting words...#27 for Maryville is the better player?  I have watched a ton of film on both players...i think #27 is the better of the two in the box.  #22 for whitehaven runs the best from sideline to sideline but has problems when Oline get on him...

What are fighting words...#27 for Maryville is the better player?  I have watched a ton of film on both players...i think #27 is the better of the two in the box.  #22 for whitehaven runs the best from sideline to sideline but has problems when Oline get on him...

Well, they both have different attributes, but #27 plays MLB while #22 plays OLB. Seems to me both do what they do well. You said it yourself, #22 is BETTER going sideline to sideline. Isn't that what an OLB does?

Like I said ... dem's fightin' words!

LOLOLOLOL 

I will agree that #27 is just awesome as well. Both were deserving of the award.

Well, they both have different attributes, but #27 plays MLB while #22 plays OLB. Seems to me both do what they do well. You said it yourself, #22 is BETTER going sideline to sideline. Isn't that what an OLB does?

Like I said ... dem's fightin' words!

LOLOLOLOL 

I will agree that #27 is just awesome as well. Both were deserving of the award.

You are right and both are very good players...

The hyperbole in this thread is just getting bigger and bigger as the posts roll in.

I want to thank Bullydog, Sbulldog09, Baylorbigdog1976, Zoneread56, and more recently, Poet21 for engaging us Whitehaven fans in this thread. It's been entertaining to say the least. Keep it up because we have 3 more days until game day, and we will all probably go koo-koo if we didn't have this outlet.

Let's see here. We have two Smyrna fans. two D2-2A fans, and a Cordova fan. (By the way, none of those middle Tenn. fans think very highly of Cordova, I don't know if you picked up on that)

So, Baylorbigdog1976, you would like BHS to change and be more humble? Don't talk to cocky is how you put it? Hmmmm.... You can hang that up. It's not going to happen. He believes in his team and his coaches. He's going to shout it from the roof tops. (He can also be the most critical of his team then anybody I know) If he comes off as one of those fans that just makes you HATE the team he represents, then you will probably grow to hate Whitehaven if you are that type of person, because he's being himself. It is what it is. If you think you are beginning to hate Whitehaven now because of his bravado, wait till we win. Just imagine THAT.

You two dog guys ... I understand that Oakland just decimated your team by a score of 49 -7 in the regular season, so you are pulling for your brother Rutherford County team to win it all. I get it. Can't beat them, join them. I get it.

Now ... I've been on this site for a while. It has been my impression that folks outside of Memphis have NO respect for our coaches. (Public Schools) According to the thinking, outside of Memphis, all of our teams are undisciplined (as the two of you say ... 0 discipline), not very well coached, hotheads. We are just blessed with some speedy athletic football players. It's why we win, when we do HAPPEN to win. Now, when some of our fans state that we can match Oakland with athletes, all of a sudden, we are making statements that our teams (Teams from Memphis) are athletically better then other teams from the rest of the state in that regard.

Hyperbole again.

I get it. You guys just don't have any respect for the teams we beat in the playoffs. You don't have any respect for the teams on our schedule. Then, you sound surprised when we think our team will win.

Well, we do. We have a great TEAM. We will be playing against a great TEAM. We like our chances. Let me rephrase that. We LOVE our chances.

You aren't going to throw out any stat, or cross reference of a Whitehaven team that you played back in 2010 and somehow tie it in to a 2016 team. Huh?

You're taking things a little personal, who course I'm rooting for the Rutherford Co team, I'd root for them any day before I root for a Memphis team.. And it's not about beating them joining them, the teams in Rutherford Co have good years. Example Smyrna was the big dog 2010, Blackman 2011, Seigal 2012, Blackman 2013, now Oakland is on top for the last few years. No complaints with that, I honestly like the level of competition over the years in our own County. I'll be the first to admit I do respect the Haven as being the best team in Memphis over the last 6 years, but the rest of the 6A Memphis teams I could care less about.. like 2010 yal came out of Memphis undefeated and my bulldogs beat yal up in yals own home.. 2014 & 2015 yal were the best in Memphis and Ravenwood put yal in the dirt.. all I'm saying is, this Oakland team is better then any team I've seen in 6a since 6a started in 2009

You're taking things a little personal, who course I'm rooting for the Rutherford Co team, I'd root for them any day before I root for a Memphis team.. And it's not about beating them joining them, the teams in Rutherford Co have good years. Example Smyrna was the big dog 2010, Blackman 2011, Seigal 2012, Blackman 2013, now Oakland is on top for the last few years. No complaints with that, I honestly like the level of competition over the years in our own County. I'll be the first to admit I do respect the Haven as being the best team in Memphis over the last 6 years, but the rest of the 6A Memphis teams I could care less about.. like 2010 yal came out of Memphis undefeated and my bulldogs beat yal up in yals own home.. 2014 & 2015 yal were the best in Memphis and Ravenwood put yal in the dirt.. all I'm saying is, this Oakland team is better then any team I've seen in 6a since 6a started in 2009

I agree with you on one thing Whitehaven is the top dog of the 6A teams here in memphis ....Rutherford Co 6A teams are much better from top to bottom...But 6A football here in memphis is starting to get a little better...

I just like to get him started sometimes - i entered that contest for bgim just to get under his skin because I knew he was too emotional and biased to beat me - hahaha

Let's see here. We have two Smyrna fans. two D2-2A fans, and a Cordova fan. (By the way, none of those middle Tenn. fans think very highly of Cordova, I don't know if you picked up on that)

Hyperbole again.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

LOL, this is high school football and Whitehaven is my high school Alma Mater. I'm an ex-player. However, I don't take ANY of this personal. I'm a lover of high school football and my Alma Mater has built a successful program that starts from the administration on down. We have made it back the the championship game, which in of itself, is extremely hard to do. As far as Ravenwood putting us in 'da dirt' ... they were the 2nd best 6A team in the state in 2014, and the best 6A team in the state in 2015. Both of those games were solid wins, but depending upon who you ask, Whitehaven could have won those games ... so, Whitehaven wasn't shabby in 2014 nor 2015. We've been consistently contenders with a quarter-final finish in 2013, which according to the Whitehaven Alum and fan base, is unacceptable (which I think is pure lunacy), and two back-to-back semi-final finishes in recent years. With the type of success Whitehaven has exhibited in recent years, the expectations heaved upon the shoulders of the Whitehaven coaching staff is championship or bust. (How coach Quarles over at Maryville keeps this up, year after year, is amazing) Our coaches has proven over time that they are quality coaches with an supreme amount of coaching acumen at their disposal. They have learned over the years of doing this on how to execute the plan.

I understand the Rutherford County solidarity as well. The City of Memphis has four (4) teams playing championship games. I am rooting for all 4. So, I understand where you are coming from in that regard. For us Whitehaven fans, we are currently in our "Memfis vs Errody!" mode. We will be like that ALL WEEK LONG!

I have no doubt that this Oakland team is one of the best to come out of Rutherford County in a long while. This Whitehaven team is the best to come out of Shelby County.

Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!

Edited by kwc

I think Whitehaven will be the Bigger and stronger team...Oakland looks small on film..I think this game will come down to special teams and who has a better passing game...Oakland has to block #4 for whitehaven and get someone on #22 if they are to the ball on Offense...I do think #27 for Maryville is a much better player than #22 for whitehaven...

Oakland is huge. That film must be deceiving.