Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Ty chandler with MBA was held for 80 yards in both Ensworth games with over 20 carries in each. That's what happens when you go against a good defense. Juke ability means nothing if you are not getting past the line or linebackers - if you guys control the line he has a shot at working some but my feeling is you will need to mix it up.

'Maybe I am wrong and you can shove it down their throat - -sure the cocah will try but if it does not work then I suspect he will need to try other plays . Oakland is also plenty fast in the secondary. I watched ty chandler scorch ba because they have no one who can run with him once he breaks into the open - not sure that's a weakness of this Oakland team

Good luck to you guys . Not that it matters but I am pulling for you guys - I like an underdog but I don't get the chest pounding - look at me bravado without some humility -so I am sure if so the board will light up with more of that.

Not with kwc - -always liked his post. You have toned it down and would pick up more support if you show some humility at times in the midst of our assurdness - but to each his own

I DON'T WANT SUPPORT! I AM WHAT I AM... This message board is for personalities not pleasantries so IF you and others want no bravado and cockiness SKIP MY POST! Simple and plain we are NOT the Underdog. We're the Favorite. We're Bama. They're LSU... Bama hasn't lost to LSU in Years (ROLL TIDE) so if some guys end up surprised we win and do it by a decent margin guess who won't be surprised :thumb:  

They are hard to skip because of your loud mouth. I trained in jujitsu for 24 years and I tell my boys always it's not the loud mouth you need to worry about in the bar - it's the guy who sits in the corner and says nothing. Blah blah blah is what I hear sometimes - you'll go sulk in silence if you lose and there is a chance you will do just that

So I get it - full of sound and fury signifying nothing : cocky -loud - bravado is about the most unattractive quality of a man bhs - best you hear that from a long time friend but it's fine - keep the fight alive just don't hear much football talk about this game just back and forth blah blah blah

Good luck to the fine young men of whitehaven this weekend. I'm sure the coach has them hungry to show up

I DON'T WANT SUPPORT! I AM WHAT I AM... This message board is for personalities not pleasantries so IF you and others want no bravado and cockiness SKIP MY POST! Simple and plain we are NOT the Underdog. We're the Favorite. We're Bama. They're LSU... Bama hasn't lost to LSU in Years (ROLL TIDE) so if some guys end up surprised we win and do it by a decent margin guess who won't be surprised :thumb:

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Do you think #11Watkins is better than Ty Chandler?  

They are hard to skip because of your loud mouth. I trained in jujitsu for 24 years and I tell my boys always it's not the loud mouth you need to worry about in the bar - it's the guy who sits in the corner and says nothing. Blah blah blah is what I hear sometimes - you'll go sulk in silence if you lose and there is a chance you will do just that

So I get it - full of sound and fury signifying nothing : cocky -loud - bravado is about the most unattractive quality of a man bhs - best you hear that from a long time friend

Good luck to the fine young men of whitehaven this weekend. I'm sure the coach has them hungry to show up

Bruh, IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD................................... What are we supposed to do, sit and say "oh fine sir I agree with you, and thank you and I see why you are so great blah blah blah... I know A LOT of you guys on here are OLD but I am NOT and this is how I roll. So if you don't dig it, cool... Back to football, I dare say our Special Teams will how to play one of their best games in order not to give up a momentum changing CHEAP TD like we did against Raavenwood last season. I hope the coaches are putting MAJOR emphasis on playing Solid Special Teams. Mainly in the kicking game. Our Return Game is on point. 

I agree just gets old when these threads almost always deteriorate into throwing stones

But maybe that what I just did so I guess I am guilty as well

Bruh, IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD................................... What are we supposed to do, sit and say "oh fine sir I agree with you, and thank you and I see why you are so great blah blah blah... I know A LOT of you guys on here are OLD but I am NOT and this is how I roll. So if you don't dig it, cool... Back to football, I dare say our Special Teams will how to play one of their best games in order not to give up a momentum changing CHEAP TD like we did against Raavenwood last season. I hope the coaches are putting MAJOR emphasis on playing Solid Special Teams. Mainly in the kicking game. Our Return Game is on point.

Here's my take. From everyone's responses this Oakland team is the most athletic and talented team that has come through Rutherford County, on top of being skilled, well coached, and hungry for a ring after 3 straight semifinals they're just demolishing teams and not even the Great Maryville could offer resistance. No offense but to us Oakland is only super athletic/talented by middle/eastern TN standards. The mid/east is known for big hard hitting well coached players, and the west is known for speedsters and raw athletes. Not saying that either side doesn't have both attributes. I guarantee they don't have more raw athletes or speed than we do or the average team in Memphis. We could put together our top 4 fastest dbs/wrs and they would give any hs 4x1 track team a run for their money. The talent and speed advantage that Oakland has had over every team they've faced so far will be null n void in this game. Now they are gonna be well coached and very disciplined, but so are we. People only thinking Oakland defense is gonna shut us out like they're doing everyone else because they're used to a speed and talent advantage and they've never seen our team live like they've seen Oakland. The state will see on Saturday. Can't wait! (Insert Bart Scott gif)

I've never understood why the west feels they have the fastest most athletic players.. What I see it as, I've always looked at the west as a bunch of talented players with 0 discipline, with players that are bound to do something to cost they're team the game, (personal foul, offsides, late hit) something that can be controlled... I was at the game in 2010 when Smyrna came down beat Haven 10-7, it shouldn't have been that close but that was the final score. In that game Smyrna was clearly the bigger, stronger, & faster team. As we saw when they're outside linebacker hawked down Dodson from behind in the fourth q, in that game Haven passed the ball 3x, 2 of those passes were int.. Now let's take that into account, that's the only time a Rutherford Co team has played Haven, and that bigger, stronger, faster stuff was not even close. (Smyrna had it all)

Watkins is good but not TC. Ensworth rendered him as ineffective as anyone I have seen 2 times: TC will be in the running to win the 100 state this year track too but his long run was 14 yards in both games against Ensworth.

My point is all that speed and juking ability didn't mean anything because they contained him at the line or 3-4 yard down field. Oakland has the athletes to neutralize a lot of speed and moves out of the backfield

It may not happen - Watkins may run all over them but it will require a hurculan effort upfront in my mind. But this is football and anything can happen between two good teams

If i were Oakland I would sell out to stop the run and if they beat me - they beat me. Whitehaven has more challenges in d as I believe the qb is a little better passing. Kicking game to Oakland.

Both teams are physical but I think Oakland has a few more plays or options when things bottle up .

The kid from MBA heading to Tennessee....Look I think Whitehaven has a very good team heck they beat Cordova twice this year...